Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

aeromarine or warehouse hobbies

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

aeromarine or warehouse hobbies

Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 PM
ghonduriun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeromarine or warehouse hobbies

which one of these makes the best boat
and which of the boats are the best
Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
WATER_BUGG

Default RE: aeromarine or warehouse hobbies

Are you looking for a RTR or are you looking to build one?

If your just looking to build take some time and check out Expresscraft.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they both make the best boat - it just depends on what you are looking for. Several others also make the best boat (Bonzisports, Expresscraft, etc) so again - depends on the boat you are after for the conditions and driving you plan on doing.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
ghonduriun

yeah am lookin for a deep that can handdle choppy weather and still perform
cuz where i live there are no lakes or ponds just salt water
Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
stuch

whobbies magum57 is unstopable in rough water and the hull is built like no other. bonzi makes a good boat but the hull is not as well built as whobbies.... i have both.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
ghonduriun

but can it handdle 1 to 2 ft swels
Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
stuch

yes with the right driver. but you have to rember some full size boat's have a tough time handling those seas. call Tony at whh. tell him nick in pembroke pines fl sent you. not only that Tony has a modle boat building plant and was the first guy to put a wacker motor in a modle boat and has 15 people working for him. where bonzi has one guy and 3 girls working for him and works out of a small building in the back of his house and has everthing out sourced. Tony makes everthing in house and will help you every step of the way...bonzi been in business since 1999. whh has been business since 1980....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:24 AM
stuch

bonzi used to have tony make his hulls and fuel tanks and radio boxes. then they had a falling out. and bonzi stole his ideas for clutches radio boxes and fuel tanks...
Old 01-21-2008, 05:35 AM
WATER_BUGG

LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A HE SAID SHE SAID THING....STICK TO THE POSTING SUBJECT.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM
splug

Only salt water here as well but my WH Mag 57 handles the rough stuff well just that I have found the stock prop to be inadequate. I was also suprised to find that the 'isopad' that contains the drive shaft had come loose after only 2 times in the water. I think some spilled gasoline somehow caused the glue holding it to the hull to seperate so now I am more careful to mop up spilled fuel asap.

splug
Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
SS RC Boats

Jus a little advice,i race offshore powerboats and model boats in salt water and a 2ft. chop is a little steep for a model boat.As mentioned some real boats have trouble with a 2ft. chop.I run my 65" GTX in a 1ft. chop and can run nowhere close to my top speed with the boat trim correctly.There are a few guys i run with that have 57" and bigger hulls that look for rough water and its great!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:14 PM
JohnnyStingray

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Great hull, but 2 ft. chops???[X(]

http://media.putfile.com/Hilde--her-Donzi-38-ZR-Racing
Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
firelite_marine

the 57 apache handels rough water very well. I took mine out on lake of the ozarks on a weekend and it held its own nicely
Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: splug

Only salt water here as well but my WH Mag 57 handles the rough stuff well just that I have found the stock prop to be inadequate. I was also suprised to find that the 'isopad' that contains the drive shaft had come loose after only 2 times in the water. I think some spilled gasoline somehow caused the glue holding it to the hull to seperate so now I am more careful to mop up spilled fuel asap.

splug
dude my iso-pad liftted also casued me alot of parts and money. tony says to use ge silicone 2 but that stuff has been not holding up. tony said he called ge and said that he has been having trouble with the product. so i used blue rtv gasket maker to hold it down it holds like iron try it.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Dan 2000

Gentlemen,

For myself i have been in RC Boats since 1970.I remember most of the RC Boat Hulls were few in between for Gas Motors.
I have a 3D Viper Boat,42 inches by 12 inches by 3 inches deep.It is a Deep Vee,i also ran in this boat a CMB 90, Picco 80,as well as a Zenoah 260 Full Modified.With the Zenoah speeds in excess of 50 mph using GPS.

For Rough water condictions in my opinion look for more Free-Board,more is better.At this time i am building up a Team -Pro with a Full Race AP6 Quickdraw Engine, 8 Horses at 20,000 RPM's. I did install Carbon Graphite Fiber to inside of hull. The Hull length is 46 inches Long by 14 1/2 inches Wide by 4 inches of Free-Board. Team-Pro is a Warehouse Hobbies Boat. I will be racing in 6 inch Choppy Water at Lake Oroville in California.

If you do invest in a Warehouse Hobbies Boat.Check out Manta-Ray with 5 - 1/2 inches of Free-Board.Excellant for the Oceans.
Let's just say that you already bought a RC Boat and your Free-Board is not enough.Then build a Higher Hatch Cover as i did.

I have Raced both Aeromarine Hulls and ExpressCraft Not Yet Bonzi. i have in storage a 42 and a 48 3D VIPER RC Model Boats.Just remember these boats are 1/4 inch thick everywhere. Holler if you need any Help,Dan2000
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

You plan on racing a Team Pro with a QD?

btw, whats this 3D Viper Boat?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
splug

Thanks for the tip STUCH. I reglued the isopad with Boatlife marine silicone so far so good but if it comes loose again I will definately try the blue RTV.

Dan 2000 8 HP sounds like alot of power for a 46" hull but I am new to this sport/hobby so what do I know. I'll bet it will FLY. I am generally pleased with the speed of my WH Mag 57 & I plan to leave it stock until some of my buddies get into the sport then I will have someone to race & will for sure be looking to hop up my rig then. Would you suggest modding the Zenoah 260 or some other type of motor?

Thanks in advance & I am really enjoying this forum especially reading posts from all around the world.

splug
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
firelite_marine

a quickdraw in a 46? wow, you better that thing on a tight leash. if it ever got loose at full rpm itd be a death rocket
Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghonduriun

which one of these makes the best boat
and which of the boats are the best
[>:] I say the magum57 rtr .i had one just to beat on .i took it with me on my boat to jump waves lots of fun not to many problems with it .just put a better prop on it and go..i think there is racing in WPB not sure where thou .
Old 01-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Believe It
Banned

Dan2000 you should come run with us in Atlanta.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
nieto1124
My Feedback: (14)

Riviera beach is flanked by the intracoastal waterway to its east. so its probably easier for GHONDURIUM to get to salt water? anyways there are plenty of fresh water lakes in south florida. the club runs from a lake at downs park 441 and atlantic blvd. But theres a lake right down the street from you Austrailian ave and 40 or 41 street. anyways 2' chop is a tall order for any RC boat "no matter what the size or Manufacturer". Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: nieto1124

Riviera beach is flanked by the intracoastal waterway to its east. so its probably easier for GHONDURIUM to get to salt water? anyways there are plenty of fresh water lakes in south florida. the club runs from a lake at downs park 441 and atlantic blvd. But theres a lake right down the street from you Austrailian ave and 40 or 41 street. anyways 2' chop is a tall order for any RC boat "no matter what the size or Manufacturer". Good Luck.
hey guy i'am in ft.laud fla. like to go to that lake off atlantic with you guys can you pm me with the info thanks....
Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: stuch

hey guy i'am in ft.laud fla. like to go to that lake off atlantic with you guys can you pm me with the info thanks....
If you join the Broward club, you can race at the pond in Markham Park off 84 out by Weston Rd. Alot closer being you're in pines then Pompano.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: Believe It

ORIGINAL: stuch

If you join the Broward club, you can race at the pond in Markham Park off 84 out by Weston Rd. Alot closer being you're in pines then Pompano.
i'am not a racer i've got whh/bonzi boats i just want some guys to run with..
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Believe It
Banned

You dont have to race to be in the club. In-fact, if you arent part of NAMBA (which i do believe is what those clubs run under) you most likely will NOT be allowed to run on their ponds anyway, as its a insurance problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.