Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Spectrum DX3R DSM2 3ch

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Spectrum DX3R DSM2 3ch

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Gardawoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum DX3R DSM2 3ch

Has any one tried the new Spectrum DX3R DSM2 3ch, or the Airtronics MX 3FHSS 2.4 GHz 3ch in a gas boat. If so what was the out come, such as range, and menu/function selection? Thanks for all input.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
wayneuk01

Default RE: Spectrum DX3R DSM2 3ch

This could be you
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0moKCcULlk]a possible outcome [/link][:@][:@]

Iam not 100% as to what happen but think it was due to my battery pack coming lose but i can say the dx3 is not glitch free or was not for me! It works much better with a 7.2v pack than a 6v one the failsafe seems to cut in less and i get more range but still not 100% glitch free although it is much better . I did get a 6ex 2.4ghz but my dads got that now i will soon get another 6ex or simmalr 2.4ghz ..I do use the dx3 for my fg & its the best radio for that with no problems but with the boats it acts completely diffrent & my lake i run in is tiny compared to the other videos i see posted on here..as for function its as goods as any other 2.4ghz with all the trimmings mine is the dx3 not dx3r .Good luck Wayne
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
juicr

I would say the Airtronics would be the better choice. It has the channel hopping feature like the Futaba Fasst where the Spectrum locks onto one of two channels. And the Airtronics is under $200 US.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Gardawoodman

Thanks guys for the feedback, wayneuk01 I hope your boat wasn't hurt to bad. I was just looking to get something different than what everyone else is using (Futaba 3PK). The DX3R DSM2 3ch is one sweet looking radio but I guess I'd rather have an ugly one that doesn't glitch.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM
FlogginHarvey

I use an REALLY like the Nomadio React. It may be worth checking into as an option...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Believe It
Banned

Ive had no problems what so ever with my Futaba 3PM FASST... and im running the antenna inside the radio box on both of my boats now. 2.4ghz FASST is the only setup ill ever use again [8D]
Old 03-12-2008, 02:11 PM
sowega flyer

Thanks Wayneuk01 for posting that video- I'm sorry about your boat, but I'm glad you shared that. After seeing it, I'm sending my Spektrum radio back.
I called the technical support line @ Horizon and asked if there was anything that could be done to ensure good performance- the answer was no. I was also told I would have to just "Try it and see." I don't think so... They really need to put a warning on their website that this radio is not for marine use. I will say, however, that Horizon's customer service was nice enough to authorize the return after I've had it for a while, just haven't used it yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
WakeBoardnBash

Good info here

i heard MANY horror stories about spektrum radios and boats. I've got a DX 3.0 now, was told most of
the problems were with the older style spektrum radios. Well i still dont trust it really. Im switching to a
FAAST set up, not sure on what radio yet, more then likely just the 3PM.