Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New GAS Boats from Venom!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New GAS Boats from Venom!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: New GAS Boats from Venom!!

Thats right one for each.

I'm not sure if the KWA engine will be an option installed in the hull or an option engine alone. We might have to consider a high performance edition later? For now you can order the engine alone.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
XRMikey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roughly how much for the motor?
And will we need anything else, upgrade wise, to run it?
Thanks, Mikey
Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Chris Nicastro

Our pricing for the new KWA engine isnt out yet so Ill get back to you on that. As for mods the engine pretty much just drops right in. Since its more powerful I would suggest trying another prop for you to get the most out of the boat and engine combo. The stock prop works well with the KWA but you can fine tune the set up as you like. From there if you want more power then buy an aftermarket tuned pipe.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
losifiend

I was going to get a Rio even though I love cats. Now I dont have to compromise. Looks like there will be a new "King" in the house soon! Nice job!!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Chris Nicastro

lol Cool, well I think your going to be happy and the cats look awesome on the water so....enjoy!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Canadian LoCo

hey how are things anything new on these boats should be soon now
that you guys have these boat over on this part of the world any new
info would be nice thanx in advance.

P.S its summer TIME I want to play.

Canadian LoCo
Old 06-09-2008, 12:16 AM
tc4 drft

VENOMOUS...a few questions. The stuffing tube on these look to be teflon. Most of the cats I see use a brass with teflon inside. Will this setup allow for better engines to be used, or will some mods need to be made? Also, judging from the pics of the strut, there doesn't appear to be too much adjustablity. Looks like the strut needs a 1/4" inch trimmed from the top. And I'm no expert, but isn't the motor sitting further back than it should? Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about this boat. It's the first good looking, under 55" cat hull that's not rediculous money....MHZ! The Avengers are ugly, and though the T-Bolt looks good, it just doesn't give the scale look as these new VENOM cats. I would definatly purchase the bare hull, running hardware and radio box, but don't want to spend the extra on a radio and engine I won't use. Will it come with stringers installed? Nice work, can't wait to purchase this. Finally!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Dave ESPI

soooooooooo these are still not available yet..........
Old 06-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Chris Nicastro

@Tc4drft
The prop strut can be adjusted up and down for depth and for thrust angle if you loosen the cable collet first.
No extra stringers included, not that we cant later if we see the need.
The CG of the hull in the water while running looks to be about perfect from our testing. The Hull can turn pretty flat while at full power/speed pretty consistently. Of coarse water conditions will play into this. Bow steering and over steering have not been an issue. Again you have to get used to the new hull and you have to read the water well.

The stuffing tube has two teflon sleeves and can be taken apart, very easy to maintain. There is a short brass tube through the hull. If you want to use a more powerful motor I see no reason except a requirement by your new motor choice to use a different set up. Also some guys might want to use twin electrics or even twin nitro so the stock stuffing tube would need to be removed and the hull fixed.

We are in the middle of shipping so the boats should start arriving anytime now. I'll update you guys.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Dreamin Hemi

SOOOOOOOOOO...are there any hulls only availible??? Again, this low HP engine is really seemingly too weak. If hull only options are there, I'm sure you'll sell a ton of em'

Oh, nice add in the R/C Boat Modeler mag this quarter!

-Scott
Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Carlos Parrinha

Congratulations for the big cat’s.
Sadly for me, the only thing now missing in the cat’s is a clutch. Yes, I must confess, that a clutch would be a very nice item to have, just to be able to "bring to a halt" the boat, being able to hear the noise without “having a movement†and or having time to calmly starting up the engine in the water. The clutch would come in as a gem to me and I wouldn’t be bothered for paying an extra price for it.
For the moment being, I am waiting for the cat’s release here in Portugal (Europe), to most certainly order one.

Can I add a clutch easily to this engine? What would you advise me to do?
Is the rudder system all made out of aluminium?

Excuse my English. RC Boat modelers Best Regards.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Chris Nicastro

@ Scott
We will offer a hull only option after we get through the production of the regular hulls. No details or prices on that just yet but I'll keep you posted when I know.

@ Carlos
The rudder assembly is all aluminum and very strong.
A clutch can be added to the engine with no problems. The engine mounting position will have to move forward and the exhaust and TH linkage will need to be made longer. Its possible with a little bit of work.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
tc4 drft

VENOMOUS....If planning to purchase just the hull, will stringers be installed or not? What's the timeframe for the running hardware if purchased seperately? I'm well aware there's a bit of a wait on the hull, just curious if we're looking at the same time frame for the rudder, radio box....stuff like that. Thanks for being so prompt on your responses to us. I like when company reps are involved in the online discussions of their product. Keep it up! You guys looking for a midwest rep?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

From what I see, the boats will be sold through the normal places that sell Venom products.
I'd say give the stock engine a shot before doing engine swaps. That's a lot of boat to push around and the engine appears to be able to take the normal hot parts from the Zen's.
I'm more curious about the included radio system and why a boat needs mixing channels.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Chris Nicastro

I wish I could be more firm on the time line but my latest info puts them in transit and arriving for distribution by the end of the month. Hulls and parts will be a little slow to catch up due to the high demands.

The bulkheads and stringers are all installed and will be the same for the bare hulls Im sure.

The boat does not need any mixing. This is our new radio system for all of our platforms coming out so its just included. The radio is very nice for what you consider an RTR radio system, its over the top. For our GPV-1 RC bike we needed the mixing for braking front and rear so as a result its a standard feature. Plus 15 model memory and other digital adjustments makes this radio way better than any RTR radio on the market. We say its the RTR radio that you would want to keep! Its the only RTR radio with brake bias mixing and an Aux CH and Mixing all in one.

Engine wise I agree with Ron that you guys should give the stock engine a shot before swapping it out. We have been very happy with this engine in all our testing. As it gets more run time it gets stronger and stronger as the ring seats. Option parts are abundant out there for these engines so just building the stock engine up will be great. We do offer our new KWA engine that is 4.2hp just drop it in and go! For those who just want turn key (pretty much) Beyond that you will spend cubic bucks for a few miles per hour more.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Canadian LoCo

hey venomous what would be the ETA
to my LHBS venom dealer In canada would be nice to know.
thanx in advance realy getting nuts over here about your gas boats.
did pay for since april 2008.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
wave waker

hey guys check the youtube video BIG CATS RACING, the SEGAD and KING was there but i think it's not the venom version coz it's bigger, looks like 7-8 ft. long...enjoy
Old 06-15-2008, 02:29 AM
tc4 drft

Will a KOS keep up with the Blackjack55, both in stock form? If you turn up the sound in the video, it doesn't sound like the engine is wide open. Or was it?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 AM
wayneuk01

The video in question "big cats racing" is one i posted on youtube from the home of the cto3/cto4 swissmodel boat site ..Its defernatly not the king of shaves/segad from venom
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 AM
ShowstopperCat

I to love the look of these cat's - But would want to purchase hull only - great size too - I've been looking for a gr8 looking hull for a while e.g. MHz - Hydro&Marine but they are big $$$ - The only other hull i like is TOYS"PORT JollCat (yes it Brushless) but speed range can be between 70-130kms - Could the Venom boats be fitted out with Brushless Motors and put into the speed range? when will they be available in Australia
Old 06-17-2008, 05:06 AM
ShowstopperCat

one more thing can a gas boat reach those sorts of speeds light a jollycat or like those swissboats
Old 06-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Chris Nicastro

The electric boats have the top speeds hands down. The gas boats are only now reaching 100mph and thats like one or two guys in the country. The electric set ups can make way more HP, like in the 30+HP range where the gas boats with mod engines are pushing 16-20 HP maybe, and thats with twins and quads. They bost cost cubic bucks so if you have the cash you can go fast!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
EricOnTheWeb

I just found this thread, lol.... Cool...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:55 PM
tc4 drft

So what's the deal now? Tower has now posted LATE JULY for the availability. Any way to get one before the July 4th weekend?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Catmandoo1
My Feedback: (23)

Well I think Tower is playing it safe. I talked to Venom today and the boats are due anytime. I guess they have a couple of Segad's ready now as they asked if I wanted one, but I want the King. They said the first shipment is almost sold out, so better get your order in soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.