Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

fuel bag plumb

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

fuel bag plumb

Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 PM
JakeDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel bag plumb

WOW that sucks thanks for the info .

Jake
Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That's just plain nasty! Did someone try to use a sealer around the fittings and go a little overboard? If they did, there's no reason to do it as most fittings only need a zip-tie to secure them in place.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 AM
rcboateric
Banned

ORIGINAL: JakeDW

Thats a good price Eric.How much life do you get out of the baxter bags?

Jake
this person sells lots of fuel bags at jims and he has a very good reputation, his user name is Gardawoodman.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 AM
rcboateric
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

That's just plain nasty! Did someone try to use a sealer around the fittings and go a little overboard? If they did, there's no reason to do it as most fittings only need a zip-tie to secure them in place.
I used two small zip ties to secure the fittings, make sure the zip ties are tight as you can get them, the bag wouldn't leak.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Bbbutch

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I carefully checked the new Secure bag I had left and found no evidence of any sealer. The old bag looks like the plastic tube (on the inside of the bag only) deteriorated and grew larger into the silicone type stuff. If you look closely at my pics you can see that this happened to both tubes of the bag.
I have also notified the seller on EBAY who left me the following message.

1st {We have found out that some fuels attack some plastics especially high octane fuels. I personally use 87 octane with no problem,I drain the bag after the day of running.. my brother used 100 octane and the bag melted thru at the seams....additives are added in the fuel process that raise the octane that make the higher octane fuel attack the plastic since lead is no longer used to raise the octane. Sorry for the inconvienence gave full refund.}
2nd {I'm trying several different ways to remove that area that gets solft. There is no silicone with these bags. They won't be listed till I get it figured out or another type of bag. Thanks for info.}

So it does look like the guy is trying to do the right thing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90816.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1042663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71793.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1042664  
Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Dan S

glad you had your money refunded.

Like I said earlier there are some brand of IV bags out there that are made from recycling and they don't hold up to fuel.

I also noticed some say that they empty there bag every day.......that's kind of different from what the majority are doing, your suppose to leave fuel in the bag (not full, just around 1/4) this will prevent the bag from hardening.
But if that system works and the bag holds up, don't change your method.

Dan.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The color of what was inside does look like some of the tubing that I've seen in hospitals (I've spent a lot of time in those) as I've seen some O2 lines in that color. I may have some of those laying around but wouldn't try them for any fuel.