Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Is the fuji the same hight as the zen&sikk motors?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Is the fuji the same hight as the zen&sikk motors?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the fuji the same hight as the zen&sikk motors?

Hi I was wondering is the Fuji 24cc motor the same hight as the zen&Sikk motors??[&:] I got a supercat and the motor compartment depht is 4-4 1/2".. it used to have a sikk motor in it..
Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Is the fuji the same hight as the zen&sikk motors?

I believe the motor itself is approx the same size. Only notable difference is the angle needed to have the drive cable meet the motor. Typically in cats you angle the motor so the collet is near the bottom of the tunnel. A sikk or zen have the flywheel facing forward where the fuji has the flywheel at the back of the motor (where the collet is) which may make for a higher mounting height.

(on a side note - the homelite has the same flywheel position as the fuji - only it is bigger).

Old 10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
glennb2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the fuji the same hight as the zen&sikk motors?

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

I believe the motor itself is approx the same size. Only notable difference is the angle needed to have the drive cable meet the motor. Typically in cats you angle the motor so the collet is near the bottom of the tunnel. A sikk or zen have the flywheel facing forward where the fuji has the flywheel at the back of the motor (where the collet is) which may make for a higher mounting height.

(on a side note - the homelite has the same flywheel position as the fuji - only it is bigger).

If it is helpful to you I can measure and let you know dimensions from a Zen and CY motor.

Let me know what you need. If you need it.

Glenn

Edit: Typo when beer onboard!!!!