Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Arrow Shark Fighter

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Arrow Shark Fighter

Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrow Shark Fighter

Hi Folks,
Does anybody have this boat or info on this sellers manufacturers craftsmanship.
Any and all input is appreciated.

http://arrowshark.com/fighter.php
Old 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
t00fatt

Default RE: Arrow Shark Fighter

I'm no expert but that looks like a cheap china clone, that motor defiantly isn't a real zen 260.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:13 PM
01VIPER27

What in this world is not made in China? That has no pertinent information on the subject that I am asking about. Arrow Shark states that their manufacturer is China based just like Venom Group claims about their line of gassers. Having said that, 90% of the models and the parts that we all buy be it on line or from a hobby shop are made in Asia, so please let us stick to the subject.

Arrow Shark owners if there are any on this site please kindly chime in or anyone with information about their products.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
sandydr

I had a Arrowshark Princess for a while and once the engine was run-in and I ran it without the cowling, it flew pretty good. I can only compare it to Aeromarine's & Expresscraft and although the hull was ok, you could shine a light through it.
When I sold it to a buddy of mine, he somehow managed to come straight up the middle of my AM Avenger Pro. No damage on the Pro, but the hull of the Aeromarine was damaged extensively. Don't be fooled by Arrowshark's promotional videos. To get that performance from their stock engine, you need to upgrade your coil to a Zenoah red and modify the piston.
My friend has repaired the damaged, added a walbro water pump (dumping the electric one after is failed), twin rudder etc... and seems to enjoy it. From memory, the clutch never worked from day one. When I spoke to Arrowshark in the beginning, they told me that it needs to be 'bed' in. Months on, still haven't seen it work...

Hope this helps.

Sandy
Old 12-02-2008, 06:39 PM
sandydr

Forgot to add, top speed without the cowling and the engine 'run-in' on a 7015/3 prop was only 33mph on GPS.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
wayneuk01

Hi my friend has the flying dragon 47" i no its not the fighter cat the hull itself is good the paint is something else The engine is not really worth it as its not very fast the same engine in a larger boat is not going to make it any faster if your not botherd about going fast go for it ive been considering the hull alone prior release no one that i no of has had one in the water.There was a dealer in egypt who was putting a zenoah in one i was waiting to see how he got on but hes never been back to the forum that iam aware of .Would you not be intrested in a used boat have you checked the rcu ads also i remember seeing a fighter cat in there recently for sale For a few less$$ than the e bay arrowshark prices oh yeah ditch the elec water pump go for a walbro also the throttle set up is something that will also require attention if its the same as the flying dragon as its plastic and fell apart within 10mins ive just checked the ads no fighter cat but there is this for $750 rtr http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=456114
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
01VIPER27

OK! So far the hulls seems to be thin as you can shine a light through it but it also seems to be tough - that is a good thing. The engine is a no brainer - if it isn't a Zenoa then forget it! How about the hardware? Are the pipes and props any good? Is there such a thing as customer service with this seller?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
soundguykaraoke50

it looks like a fun boat.not a racer,but i hear that there hulls are a light layup.still looks good,if the price is right ,go for it.you can always upgrad the driveline later on.cool looking boat,better than some of the crap being sold on ebay latly.just my 002cents
Old 12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
3ns

Hi.

I m no expert on this subjects. Very new to RC Boating.
I've got a Bud & QQ Hydro, both build in China.

Apparently the QQ Hydro is a Nitro version of the X-Hydro
from Arrowshark. I must say that the hull quality is way far
better than the Bud. It's thicker and does not flex as the Bud.
I've since cut a hole on d top of my QQ Hydro (to repair). The
inside joints look much better than of the Bud.

There is a local Boater who has just got a 53" Fighter Hull. He is
converting it to Electric. I've seen his photos of the Hull, looks
good. He has also got the Hardwares from Arrowshark.

As for Engines, I am not too sure. I don really fancy Engines made
there. I dont think you'll get what your looking for out of Engines &
Pipes made there. Feel that too much knowledge & experience is
required to even copy.

I've got 2 Nitro engines made in Taiwan. They are OK for a casual
boater like me. Not for racing.

My suggestion would be, get the Hull & Hardwares from them. Throw in
some good Engine & Pipe you can get. I am sure you've got a winner.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
sandydr

Viper, the bow section on the Princess was very thin and was not tough at all, on the AM Pro, the gel coat didn't even stress, while the princess had a good 2"x0.5" gash. I guess the models have different stress points depending on their shape. Saying that, my AM Pro shredded the side of my AM XXX, it could only be that Cat hulls are by design a lot tougher than V's. I don't have enough experience crashing too many different type of boats to comment...yet.

I never had any problems (neither does the current owner) with the pipe / header. Customer Service with Johnny at Arrowshark was good. The boat initially arrived damaged China > USA > Dom Rep and the cowling was damaged. Additional issues I had were, radio box damaged, prop arrived unpolished / unbalanced, missing antenna, but Johnny sorted it all out very quickly. I was mildly upset when he told me to get to run the boat like the vid (which is what prompted me to bid for it), I would have to upgrade the coil / piston.

Hope that helps
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
stuch

china junk. don't get it
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM
01VIPER27

sandydr, 3ns, soundguykaraoke50, and wayneuk01,
Thanks for the input. I'm not new to R/C and there will always be something wrong with pieces here and there but if customer service is good to go at it then more power to them and the us the consumer. I have seen some of the videos of their different products from different people on you tube and they seem to be enjoying them. As for hardware, they seem to be good and competitive on price as well. I hope your friend would post a video of his Fighter on you tube soon.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Ron Olson

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Viper, I've got your back on this one. There is a lot of very good boats coming out of Asia (just so that we're not saying only China) but then again there are some not-so hot items coming from there also. All of the big name RTR boats except for WHH are made across the ocean and even those come with foreign-made pieces!
OK, back to the boat in question. It looks good and what changes that I'd make have already been mentioned above. It's not a racer as that is probably what you don't want to do with it anyway. It could be a good base for if you'd like to upgrade it down the road as are most every other RTR boat. We can't help that, the majority of us are tinkerers anyway.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 AM
3ns

HI 01VIPER27.

Will keep you informed, better still you can follow his thread in this web site: www. daddyhobby.com.

Hope it helps.

Cheers bro.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
01VIPER27

Ron O.
Cheers buddy, that is what I am, a tinkerer and I completely agree with you that there has been bad products that came from Asia.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM
wayneuk01

where has my post gone & what was wrong with it ? it was in responce to arrowshark & i feel had no need to be removed [X(] it got removed for trying to sell in the forum
1st Its not my boat
2nd The item in question is in the rcu ads
3rd From now on can we not post finds of new items we may find for sale anymore ?
4th Theres is a link at the top of this post i can purchase it is that not trying to sell a product in the forum

[email protected] you came in here with your big boots on & got rid of my post [sm=punching.gif] "mini hitler springs to mind"

ps sorry to hijack your thread & good luck with your choice
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
martno1fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems odd when someone can post a comment like ''CHINA JUNK '' and get away with it and you cant post an add thats on rcu itself?.
Mart