Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ansmann power boat

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ansmann power boat

Old 12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
wadey23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ansmann power boat

hey guys have only just got a s troke boat its ansmann alligator and was hoping to get some advise about it and about boating in general, what sort of engine does it have and is it tunable. cheers wadey23 .
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
pyro1

Default RE: ansmann power boat

How about some pictures so we can see what you have.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM
wadey23

sorry about pics not perfect =.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43447.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1090264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77274.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1090265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33585.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1090266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73446.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1090267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xj63155.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1090268  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
jacob711

that boat looks like one of the cheap chinese boats and the engine is just a typical china engine too, the stock carb is pretty ordinary and only has 1 tuning screw
Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
wadey23

can you upgrade the carb on the engine, can you recomend a fairly good nitro powered boat.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wadey23,
If this is a starter boat, then welcome to boating. Your engine should be tuneable be it a copy of other technology or not. Having said that you might or might not be able to get what you want out of it. I have a V24 by AquaCraft for my first gasser which looks like your boat. I enjoyed playing with it even though I could not keep up with the guys that had other brand engines. I now have a Zenoah 260 in it and enjoy it even more. Just stick with it untill you feel the need to buy a better engine for it.

First thing you want to do is set the boat in a tub and make sure that no water is coming into the hull. You can use Seal All or fiberglass resin should you find any. Next is to make sure that all your hardware are secure so check all those nuts and bolts on the boat and engine and you should be good to go. If it came with a manual, follow the instruction on the break-in of the engine and have fun.

I like the paint job.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
wadey23

cheers mate, i hope i enjoy boating as much as my other hobbies, i have run the engine and used it once it seems ok but have nothing to compare it to, might look at new engine some time in the future, thanks for the advice.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:26 PM
martno1fan

Welcome to the hobby mate,wish youd come on before you had bought that china boat as im sure it will frustrate the hell out of you.The motors not very good and the hardware isnt either sorry to have to say that.How much did you pay for it and is it too late to return it ,you really would have been better off with a bare hull and building it up yourself with a zenoah motor and decent hardware.Sorry to say this but i hope it lasts long enough for you to get some enjoyment out of it,best advice i can give you now you have it is check everything, all the nuts bolts screws etc and dont forget to grease the flex cable before you run it and do that each time you intend to run it etc.
Mart
Old 12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
wadey23

cheers for the advice, its just going to be starter boat then will prob get something better, may get a better engine for it, not sure yet will see what happens what boat and motor do you have.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
martno1fan

Hi mate hope i didnt put you off that wasnt my intention,currently i have just the one boat im running which is a thunderboat hydro with a full mod zenoah.I have a stepped vee ready for painting that ill be putting a stock zenoah into in the new year,its my own design i changed an old discontinued hull i had ,cut it up and changed things etc and made a plug from it then a mould and came up with something new.As regards your boat i say run it till it dies and enjoy it and then buy something better,zenoah powered preferably .We all started somewhere me i built a woody deep vee from scratch from some free plans and used a strimmer motor which ran pretty well,after running it for a year i sold it on and its still going strong over a year later.Id recomend it as a way to get into the hobby to anyone as you will learn a heck of a lot along the way.
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65241.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1091700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87623.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1091701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82824.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1091702  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM
wadey23

they look really good, have read a bit about those zenoah engines alot of people really like them, where do you get them from.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM
w3bby

Zenoah engines from [link=http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/zenoahmarineengines.htm]Prestwich Models[/link]
Old 12-19-2008, 11:44 AM
comandos

Im new could any body tell what i have to do if I whant to talk with w3bby??? I whant to know about "Mrchillys boat, 56" blown up from the 48". "
Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
01VIPER27

You can PM him under his name.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM
comandos

thanks for letting me know, the problem was that I speak spanish so reading english is not as easy as it seems[&o]
Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM
wadey23

cheers for that mate i have looked on there web site and am considering getting a 260 mod i think its called, looks really good, might get it in the new year. what will i need to get with it or could i use the clutch of the old engine. cheers Iain
Old 12-20-2008, 12:35 AM
01VIPER27

Show us a picture of your engine and someone will direct you from there.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 AM
martno1fan

No need for a clutch or water pump just dont idle in margins and run it .The clutch on your boat is no good for a zenoah.
Mart
Old 12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
stu23

Hi all,

I'm new to RC Boats. I've seen the Ansmann Alligator while looking around for boats, I'm curious as to what prop/drive type it uses? Submerged or Surface?

Cheers.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
soundguykaraoke50

i beg to differ about the clutch thing,a new boater with a clutch boat will enjoy the hobby much more than a non clutched boat.the advantages to a boat with the clutch are simply-start the motor and putt around the pond at a slow speed and gradually increase your speed as you get more familiar with the hobby.having the clutch is a big plus.no need to throw the boat in,just set the boat in the water.when you make a mistake in turning and let off the gas ,the boat wont be dead in the water.launching and removing from the water are much easier,not to also add safer[no spinning prop to hurt you.

the disadvantages of the clutch are slower top speed,and a heavier boat,more maintenance,and that's it.i advise all newbie boaters to get a clutched boat as the first boat.you will enjoy this hobby much more,and less time learning how to launch the boat.

this is just my two cents on the topic,some will differ,but the majority will agree.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 AM
01VIPER27

I agree on the clutch and I further say that you should run the engine it came with and learn off it untill you are decided to upgrade on a Zenoah 260 PUM.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:57 AM
wadey23

cheers for all your help guys, think im going to keep the boat the same for a while might get a new boat in the future or a new engine.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:06 AM
martno1fan

Stu all i can say is dont buy it theyre not very good and im sure you will be disapointed in it.Far better buy a hull and parts and build one up and install a zenoah motor.A cheaper way is build the woody from free plans as i did and install a strimmer motor which incidently will last longer than the motor in that china boat and run just as fast.The one i built has been running for 3 yrs or more and still going strong .I sold it on and moved onto faster boats but i enjoyed the learning process of building my own boat and running it and it gave me so much satisfaction,now someone else is enjoying it which makes me feel better after selling it [] well ok i have some regrets as i had a soft spot for it.
Mart
Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: wadey23

cheers for all your help guys, think im going to keep the boat the same for a while might get a new boat in the future or a new engine.

Just run it as i said enjoy it while it lasts and see what you can learn about setup and maintainance etc,then buy something better.I wouldnt put a zenoah in it as i dont think the hull would handle it very well.
Mart
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
rcboateric
Banned

Your boat looks nice for a beginner, just stick with what you have until you feel that you need a faster boat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.