Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

V24 start up

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

V24 start up

Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V24 start up

I have been trying to start my AQ V24, but it is just not happening at all! According to the directions it says to mix the oil 25:1 for the first hour of break in than switch to 40:1, the only fuel I had was pre mixxed at 40:1 , it would not start or even make any sound that would leave me to belive it was going to start. It has a spark and it appears to be getting fuel ( I can pour a little from the pipe after a few pulls) , the only thing I don't know is if maybe the oil mix is to much right now. any help would be great , many thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
01VIPER27
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: V24 start up

Set your Fuji engine carb to 1 turn out from Closed on the HIGH Speed Needle and 1.25 from Closed on the LOW Speed Needle. This will be your break-in and after breaki-in needle settings. Be ready to upgrade to a Zenoah or Sykk engine complete with clutch and new WTC or 105* Arrow Shark Tuned Pipe.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
01VIPER27

Sorry for the double post.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 AM
RaceCraftRC

still nothing ahh , this is strange to me, I replaced the plug with a good one and not even a sputter!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
lineman1221

take your spark plug out and clean it with a fine wire brush. put a rag over the spark plug hole, pull the starter like if you were starting it afew times. this will get out any extra fuel in the enigine. replace the plug. choke the engine, pull till u hear it want to start. open your choke and pull till it starts. good luck. keep us posted
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 AM
01VIPER27

Compression Check
A. Pull starter cord and tension should build up as the engine goes into compression stroke followed by a piston pop. No tension or piston pop, check for cracked cylinder head.

Engine Start-Up
A. Keep your setting as I had mentioned. Set choke ON prime twice and pull the starter cord until the engine turns and dies. Open choke and pull the starter cord until the engine starts t run.

Flooded Engine / Spark Test
A. Remove spark plug, invert boat on one hand and pull the starter cord until combustion chamber is free of gas or use rag / paper towel over the cylinder head while you pull the starter cord a couple of times. Set spark plug into Spark Plug boot and GROUND Spark Plug to engine case, pull starter cord and check plug for spark. No spark, check spark plug coil and make sure it is properly grounded. No spark replace plug and start over again.

Bound Prop Shaft will cause your engine not to start.
A. Loosen prop nut. Rotate propeller counter-clockwise and make sure it rotates about ΒΌ turn before it resists then it should release tension as you continue to turn the prop. Tighten set screw on drive dog then re-tighten prop nut. Start your engine.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
RaceCraftRC

LOL It won't do anything!! drive line is not binding , but that's a good tip , 1 that I would have never thought of!