Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

"Boost bottle" performance ???

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

"Boost bottle" performance ???

Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: Scott Schneider
What classifies this as a 2 stroke diesel is the way intake charge enters the cylinder via PORTS and not valves within the head. But NEVER is the crankcase part of the pumping apparatus remaining sealed and lubricated just like a 4 stroke engine.
Just to clarify Scott - what classifies this as a 2 stroke is that combustion occurs once for every crankshaft revolution in every cylinder. If it were a 4 stroke it would be once every two revolutions of the crankshaft.
I was a licensed Diesel Technician in a past life. The good old days
Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 AM
jacob711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sik

i think if you were to grind away from the top of the inlet port that would happen, but when porting you don't grind from top of inlet port, its the bottom that your modifying for different port timing, the top does nothing, exhaust port is ground from top though
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 AM
sikR31

fair enough might go buy a weedy motor and pull it to bits n see what the go is
Old 07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: sikR31

the only way your engine could spit burnt charge back through your carb is if you've opened up the intake port too much right ? Or do they do that normally?
I havent messed around with porting 2 strokes before
In a piston port design, while not imposable, VERY unlikely !!
For exhaust gas's to get out the carb they would hve to be blown in reverse back into and down transfers entering the lower crankcase then out the intake tract exiting at carb ...... Not going to happen !!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: Scott Schneider
What classifies this as a 2 stroke diesel is the way intake charge enters the cylinder via PORTS and not valves within the head. But NEVER is the crankcase part of the pumping apparatus remaining sealed and lubricated just like a 4 stroke engine.
Just to clarify Scott - what classifies this as a 2 stroke is that combustion occurs once for every crankshaft revolution in every cylinder. If it were a 4 stroke it would be once every two revolutions of the crankshaft.
I was a licensed Diesel Technician in a past life. The good old days
I stand corrected ... So in the case of two stroke diesels, Is the power stroke only until the point the transfers open on down stroke and then the valves on head open having the turbos boost flush the swept volume of the cylinder ? ... Then valves closing as transfers are just closing becoming the compression cycle ?