Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Talon 28cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
v8manic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talon 28cc

Hi guys wondering if anybody can help me out cause nobody around my local area is intrested in helping, I have a 28cc talon motor that is the new design would like to have a play with it and bypass it's 8k rev limiter. will look at doing anything to it jsut to annoy the local 2 stroke mechanics that reckon it can't be done.
Cheers Wade
Old 09-17-2009, 03:46 AM
bentley marshall

Default RE: Talon 28cc

i think they are limited by the size of the ports in the engine most weed eaters only have very small ports to they dont fly to bits when over reved .....get a die grinder out and give it a port job ans fit a biger carb and intake block see see if that helps
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
jacob711

Default RE: Talon 28cc

i think the coil limits the revs, you will need to find a coil that is not rev limited

i also had a 28cc talon engine, there is no rev limiter in it though, after a mild port job, a bigger carby, and a tuned pipe it would rev to 13k and pull a 75mm prop pretty easy, only problem is that the factory machining tolerances are so bad that one side of the piston had very bad wear marks from running against the transfer port, it still runs but is down on power