Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

"Rio 51" Good choice or not?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

"Rio 51" Good choice or not?

Old 12-18-2009, 04:35 AM
jg2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rio 51" Good choice or not?

Hey guy's,
I've been looking at the Rio 51 by Aquacraft. Is it a good boat to buy or does it have alot of problems with the stock engine. Been watching it on youtube and alot of people are putting a zenoah or sikk in it. Just wondering if that was because of a low power stock engine.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Default RE:

For starters, you won't find it new since it was discontinued almost a year ago. You may get lucky and find an ebay deal or a good second hand hull. The stock engines were prone to failure. Great hull otherwise, Ihave two of them, both Zen powered. LOTS of threads and posts about the entire history of the Rio. Use the search feature and be prepared to spend the weekend getting caught up!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Brian22

Default RE:

I bought a Rio 51 in the summer, and since then all i have done is mods, stripped it down to the hull, replaced the engine with a Zenoah 260pum with clutch, and there's still LOTS of work to be done. Expect it to be a project, like most say the Hull is the best part. If you've got the time to have a project, go with the Rio and mod it up, if not, buy something with everything done already, either way, it will still cost you around $1000 once your done.