Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Mono hull only turns right. Thanks to all

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Mono hull only turns right. Thanks to all

Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
thunt97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mono hull only turns right. Thanks to all

just glad you are straight and narroww....hahaha.....
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 AM
danielplace

Willing to bet the servo and pushrod are your biggest issues. You said 3350, did you mean a 3305 at 124oz. in. of torque? That is not enough for a gas mono. Rudder is pretty far right but don't think that is it. Make sure those huge outer tabs aren't tilting it over either. They do more than you think even when they are out of the water, there is still plenty of water rushing under them that if redirected downward much can make the boat do circles.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: danielplace

You said 3350, did you mean a 3305 at 124oz. in. of torque?
Nah, I meant 3350. I know that for whatever reason the 3350s were replaced by the 3305s. We still had a few in the shop so I threw some in but that wasnt the issue. The boat tracks straight now so I have to say that it was a rudder placement issue. I do have a couple of 9156s sitting around from a large scale that I sold which I might put on there and see though. Thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
danielplace

Glad you got her fixed. Not fun drivin' a boat that doesn't steer like it should. 9156's are great, I use those any time I need a standard for steering because of space limitations otherwise if there is room they always get 1/4 scale Futaba 5050. Boats don't need a lot of rudder angle to turn and if you use a hole closer to the horn attachment(pivot point) and use more of the servo travel you can almost double your torque and gain a better steering feel at the same time.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

if you use a hole closer to the horn attachment(pivot point) and use more of the servo travel you can almost double your torque and gain a better steering feel at the same time.
This is correct thinking, but don't you mean the other way around? Larger radius at the rudder and smaller radius at the servo.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

if you use a hole closer to the horn attachment(pivot point) and use more of the servo travel you can almost double your torque and gain a better steering feel at the same time.
This is correct thinking, but don't you mean the other way around? Larger radius at the rudder and smaller radius at the servo.
I was talking about the servo horn. For more servo throw for less rudder throw. Kinda hard to make the rudder arm longer.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

I know that you know whats going on, and was not trying to state other wise. I have watched your post across the net and seen that you are one of the few that are willing to share good first hand information. Just trying to get a clear pic of what you was saying. Distance of the rudder arm from pivot point of rudder to pivot point of connector needs to be longer than the same points of the servo.