Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Gas Jet Boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas Jet Boaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:00 PM
swashdrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickieb49
Well Craig it seems like the demand is there, what about it? Scene you still have the tooling, how about getting back into manufacturing even if it is until Adam gets back into them? Hell, you could even just sell them under a different name if you wanted to be anonymous?
Yeah maybe, If adams stops and if i can find the time.... those units were a labour of love man !
The love might be a little hard to drum up as-well....feeling a little bit dirty with some snake knocking off my hull and no one willing to give me any leads !
I'm actually really surprised those putrid Chineese counterfeiters have had a go at it...they stole the MHZ jet easy enough !

Last edited by swashdrive; 10-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 PM
F1roddo

Originally Posted by swashdrive
Yeah maybe, If adams stops and if i can find the time.... those units were a labour of love man !
The love might be a little hard to drum up as-well....feeling a little bit dirty with some snake knocking off my hull and no one willing to give me any leads !
I'm actually really surprised those putrid Chineese counterfeiters have had a go at it...they stole the MHZ jet easy enough !

Well, they were the "ants pants" of jet units, there's no dispute on that one.

Not sure if I'd say, "some snake", is knocking off your hulls. Seems that they too were a very good quality product, and as we all know in this hobby, copying or flopping is just the next step, if hulls can no longer be sourced from original manufacturer. Seems the interest in Swashdrive hulls and Jets is still there, geze .... don't think it really went away at all, its just know one could really get anything for a while.

My solution for you Craig, start again with those highly sort after jet units and hulls, even if you go under a different name, as MickieB said. Wish I had the talent and know how to produce products that a lot of people want, but I don't, so I need to buy ..... hehe

Cheers
Roddo
Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
mickieb49

maybe if you had the genuine hulls up for sale then instead of people buying those knockoff hulls they would go the genuine ones? I know I would prefer the real thing. just a thought?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:21 AM
F1roddo

Any updates on the idea of Swashdrive jets being produced again, Craig ?

I don't think you'll have an issue of not being able to sell them. ....... :-)

Cheers
Chris
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM
swashdrive

See Adam @ Jettec he is still the man !

Cheers
Craig
Old 10-25-2013, 11:27 PM
axsissti

had some work to finish up starting back up jet hydro build// got 2 jet 52 units from mhz Germany they are just awesome completed hull standard drive giving to my stepdad

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	493.2 KB
ID:	1933008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg
Views:	1248
Size:	504.7 KB
ID:	1933009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0049.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1933010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0064.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	1,016.6 KB
ID:	1933011  
Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 PM
sharpy22

hi craig, was wondering if you have more mouldings,that you might want to sell,i can make my own internals,let me know ,ty ,sharpy
Old 07-15-2015, 11:36 AM
rmwilson

Slightly off topic but somewhat related... I recently saw these jet surf boards - (http://www.jet-surf.com/en/) and was wondering thr thoughts on the jet pumps from an RC boat prespective if they would be powerful enough? I'd love to try and build a Jetsurf board as new ones cost $15,000 - its a pretty specialized engine and a carbon haul but thought I'd start at the pump first get some thoughts and and evaluate the viability
Old 08-24-2015, 04:54 AM
dicko

the swashdrive/Jettec pump may be up to it, but I don't think Adam has made any in a while (Jettec). they are by far the best RC jetpump you'll get, http://jettec.co.nz/model-range/14-s...d-accessories/
Old 08-24-2015, 05:19 PM
rmwilson

thanks 'dicko' I dropped them a note we'll see what happens...