Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Arrow Shark Billet Engine

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Arrow Shark Billet Engine

Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 AM
danielplace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arrow Shark Billet Engine

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

That is funny, why wouldn't they be. They are 3 times the engine Zenoah ever dreamed of being. A properly modded RCMK will spank even the best mod Zens out there. Do it on a regular basis
with my own mods against most every big name builders engines there is.
I'm just skeptical after seeing sikk/cy come on the scene make a big splash and then fade away, RCMK came on the scene had a myriad of issues, including bad chrome, how many piston designs?Seems like every month they make a design change.They are using the public to do their testing, they should put their best foot foward the first time around.
The biggest thing is that none of the top engine builders are modifying them.They are sticking to Zenoah, this speaks volumes.
Don't really recall any chrome issues and the only piston change was to remove the boost ports in it. Quick changes says a whole lot for RCMK. It proves they are dedicated to quickly fixing things or improving their products so we have better, faster engines. Just the capability alone to even be able to make change so quickly says only positive things. There are reasons that go far deeper as to why builders seem to be stuck on Zenoahs and it has nothing to do with the RCMK engine itself. And 95% of the top builders do mod the RCMK's.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 AM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Daniel was that the first version or the second version of the Arrowshark motor you tried?,currious because a friend has the new one and seems to like it .If i can ill get some video of it running.Good to see that evo spanking the modded zens .
Mart
Yes it was the current version. It was only a month or so ago we tried one out. Too many quality and design issues.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not rubbish, its fact.Never said they don't respond to issues.FACT: RCMK has gone through several design changes to various parts in the last year. Why can't they just pick the best design and put that on the market first?

Top builders include M&D,Dave Marles,CC.
CC racing doesn't show RCMK on their website. I saw Zenoah,J&G and CY.

http://www.cc-racingengines.com/inde...id=2&Itemid=53
They maybe dont show them on the website but most engine modders do mod the rcmk,as Daniel says the reasons many stick with zenoah has nothing to do with them been better than the RCMK.The fact is the RCMK seem to be working hard all the time to improve things and to keep customers happy.Ive even seen them answer questions on forums which shows they do listen which can only be a good thing.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Nosedragger

ORIGINAL: danielplace

That is funny, why wouldn't they be. They are 3 times the engine Zenoah ever dreamed of being. A properly modded RCMK will spank even the best mod Zens out there. Do it on a regular basis
I'm just skeptical after seeing sikk/cy come on the scene make a big splash and then fade away, RCMK came on the scene had a myriad of issues, including bad chrome, how many piston designs?Seems like every month they make a design change.They are using the public to do their testing, they should put their best foot foward the first time around.
The biggest thing is that none of the top engine builders are modifying them.They are sticking to Zenoah, this speaks volumes.
Don't really recall any chrome issues and the only piston change was to remove the boost ports in it. Quick changes says a whole lot for RCMK. It proves they are dedicated to quickly fixing things or improving their products so we have better, faster engines. Just the capability alone to even be able to make change so quickly says only positive things. There are reasons that go far deeper as to why builders seem to be stuck on Zenoahs and it has nothing to do with the RCMK engine itself. And 95% of the top builders do mod the RCMK's.

Every RCMK cylinder I have seen has had bad chrome.After seeing 6 I had enough.They changed more than boost ports on the piston they changed the taper too.

My point is that even though they make rapid changes they are still relying on customers to do their testing instead of supplying a first rate finished product.Why couldn't they supply pistons with the right configuration from the start? Why couldn't they supply engines with right ports from the start? you now have several combinations of piston and cylinders, ported pistons vs non ported, standard cylinders vs evo, when will they settle on a product and leave it be?
This business of them hunting back and forth with all these changes is not good for their image, I certainly do not have any confidence in a company that does things this way.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:03 PM
brodjack

Have to agree with the RCMK new models,its pretty confusing,was just about to buy a R254 EVO,only to find out its been superseded with the RZ254 one.
Is there any differance to the actual motor apart from the pullstart?,i cant find any info.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:20 PM
DaveMarles

Brod, RZ 254 is the one to go for. Worlds better than the R 254 in every respect. It needs a special mount on the pullstart side though.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:37 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: danielplace

Every RCMK cylinder I have seen has had bad chrome.After seeing 6 I had enough.They changed more than boost ports on the piston they changed the taper too.

My point is that even though they make rapid changes they are still relying on customers to do their testing instead of supplying a first rate finished product.Why couldn't they supply pistons with the right configuration from the start? Why couldn't they supply engines with right ports from the start? you now have several combinations of piston and cylinders, ported pistons vs non ported, standard cylinders vs evo, when will they settle on a product and leave it be?
This business of them hunting back and forth with all these changes is not good for their image, I certainly do not have any confidence in a company that does things this way.

Zenoahs have there problems too and they have never made a attempt to fix or change that.
How about a piston that will seize if you don't turn it down, a insufficiently sized and/or clearanced crankpin/lower rod journal that very often overheat and turns blue for no reason many times on first run(of coarse you don't know that till it fails but I see it because I tear many down after only 1 run as part of testing engines), the cylinder that blows the whole top of cylinder off where the top fin meets the cylinder(at base of water cap), wrist pin galling and bearing failure because it isn't up to the task, out of true brand new cranks, one little hydraulic and the whole cylinders egg so you can hardly even pull the piston out, fins that crack and break off, look at one wrong and the cranks twist. I could go on because there is much more. All things Zenoah could fix if they chose to but they could care less. All things RCMK doesn't have problems with. You have been very misled about the facts of Zenoah and RCMK's dependability issues.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Nosedragger

You have been very misled about the facts of Zenoah and RCMK's dependability issues.

Not likely. I don't make statements off heresay and inuendo, only facts and personel experience.

When I see RCMK in the record books, I'll beleive it.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
danielplace

You have been very misled about the facts of Zenoah and RCMK's dependability issues.

Not likely. I don't make statements off heresay and inuendo, only facts and personel experience.

When I see RCMK in the record books, I'll beleive it.
The people building engines to set records are the same ones that would prefer to keep RCMK off the map. Kinda like the way they managed to keep the RCMK Evo from the stock classes. A lot more to it all than meets the eye. $$$$$
Old 03-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Seems like we're getting too far off topic here.
Anyways, one of the hobby shops I build hulls for turns them into RTR versions sometimes using these Arrow Shark motors. Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12431.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1405973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71401.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1405974  
Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 PM
martno1fan

Looks good Scott how are they performing any videos etc.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Dreamin Hemi

I will be in touch with him about what his customers think of this engine and mention the vids. The only pictures Ihave from him are simple sitting in the water shots, no action......

Name:	Rp42692.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1405975  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM
apache 1

Thankyou very much.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:18 AM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is ignorance truly bliss little child?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:20 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: I-fly-any-and-all

is ignorance truly bliss little child?
LMAO Brods been called some things but i cant recall that one wt£ck
Old 03-28-2010, 12:12 PM
01VIPER27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my so called China Junk that is serving me well, I also like my Canadian-China Junk where I live my life and any American-China Junk I can afford to buy to sustain my simple needs in life that we cannot get here .

This thread is getting tiring. Your laptops and desktops are from either China and lately Mexico. Your Honda's and Toyota's are from Asian countries, Thank God Banana Republic carries Philippines made clothing or they wont have much to sell and that no one is complaining about its quality or I would leave this Forum immediately as it is getting Racial.

If you feeel that your point must be stressed - pm or e-mail each other. It is how I would have done it.

This is a HOBBY that is suppose to teach our YOUNG and de-stress us so called ADULTS.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
LT_HOGWEED

hay viper where do you use your boat a race mine in milton but live in brampton
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
01VIPER27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT_HOGWEED,
You have a PM. I not posting on this thread no more.

Everyone are however welcome to view my American Bonzi 64 powered by a Japanese Zenoah engine with American WHH V3 M6 Twinline ingenuity. Hardware are from ARROW SHARK and Jocheung of Hong Kong all being put together by a Filipino-Canadian.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
apache 1

This is the 57in Capricorn Apache I was thinking of putting this engine in.

Name:	Sq46820.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1406689  
Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 PM
apache 1

Really would like just a few more 1st hand reviews of this new engine before they shut this thread down. One of our friends has just been offended and I think rightly so. There is a little bit of asian bashing going on here however discreet. No one ever even insinuated that anything was better than the QD. There was no need to call another junk in its shadow.
The QD was my favorite for a lot of reasons. I like well made things. The QD looks well made and when Paula told me that the things I was hoping for were not a problem, and I can get one I got excited about it again. I really like its servicability and the fact that it is tested before its shipped is commendable. How ever Paula doesn,t think a QD is suitable for my too closed up scale like boat. This said I'm looking for that cooler running alternative. This is a rather heavy hull and even though about the only racing its goin to do is a little around the pylons for afew with a buddy, I'd still like something with a little more power than a Zen or a RCMK.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
martno1fan

Why not go with an inline zenoah ?bags of power for your appache.Cheapest way is buy two zens and a coupler to join the two together .
Mart
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM
dicko

ORIGINAL: apache 1

Really would like just a few more 1st hand reviews of this new engine before they shut this thread down. One of our friends has just been offended and I think rightly so. There is a little bit of asian bashing going on here however discreet. No one ever even insinuated that anything was better than the QD. There was no need to call another junk in its shadow.
The QD was my favorite for a lot of reasons. I like well made things. The QD looks well made and when Paula told me that the things I was hoping for were not a problem, and I can get one I got excited about it again. I really like its servicability and the fact that it is tested before its shipped is commendable. How ever Paula doesn,t think a QD is suitable for my too closed up scale like boat. This said I'm looking for that cooler running alternative. This is a rather heavy hull and even though about the only racing its goin to do is a little around the pylons for afew with a buddy, I'd still like something with a little more power than a Zen or a RCMK.
If that's that's what you're planmning on doing with the hull, get onto Gizmo motors & order the new 29cc head for the zenoah and then get it modified to suite your hull & prop choice.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
apache 1

I've explored that avenue and its not cheap. You got double everything and I don't think I trust the coupling system.
I'll look into this 29cc Zen. mod thing but ,I can,t see gettin Gizmo to do anything for me cheap either. They don't answer my emails already about the rcmk.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
dicko

PM sent
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: apache 1

I've explored that avenue and its not cheap. You got double everything and I don't think I trust the coupling system.
I'll look into this 29cc Zen. mod thing but ,I can,t see gettin Gizmo to do anything for me cheap either. They don't answer my emails already about the rcmk.

The zens are cheap £150 each so x that by two =£300 + coupler £100 total cost doing it yourself = £400 or $599 thats way way cheaper than any shop bought inline FACT sure you now have two pipe systems to buy so add another £200 or $299 total setup=$898 not bad at all considering.Another option is go with twins ,a bit faster than an inline setup too.
By the way can i just say you seem to have a problem with your email ive never had any problems with Gizmo answering emails,he answers the same day usually.
Mart

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.