Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS

Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
apache 56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS

these are great fun . had my newhull , well second had hull i got from a mate of mine out for its fist run , i was very suprised how stable it ran. now after talking with him on set up going to try moving some things around. and trying some things...move tank to the midle of hull and adding water ballast so it can be filled or emptyed..depending one wind and water conditions etc.... shall be good once its dialled in .and try some difrent props etc...... very different to drive then the big apache mono`s... getting right into these tunnels and cats...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:19 AM
apache 56

well i hope to run my tunnel again the comming weekend. just doing some changes to it... and will see how it runns... with a difrent cg in it . ....

shall be good... to see lot more of these out on the water....
Old 07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Body Guard

Hi YPC and everybody here,
It's rather quite here so here's a vid of my 50cc to share with you guys.
Enjoy the vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5pgOKIlBLQ
Rgds,

Latiff
Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 AM
jtdesign

If you install a tuned pipe on that motor it will double the performance of the motor . I would recommend a CCRACING 1" pipe.

Running a open header on a 2 stroke is a waste of power you would even ne beter off running the stock can muffler.

good luck
Old 07-18-2010, 07:33 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks awesome and no tuned pipe [X(],bet that woke up a few of the neighbours early in the morning .What mods if any did you do to the 50 cc homie.
Mart
Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Body Guard

Hi Guys,
Thanks for looking in. I hope you enjoyed the vids. It's an old vid. but still like to share it here for everyone to watch and enjoy.

jtdesign, I know what a tuned pipe (the right one) can do to increase the power of the motor. We've been running open headers at the races here (no noise control for now lol) and there are more than enough power to push the hull to the edge. Some of the craft have clocked 110kph which is quite some speed to handle especially for a senior like me had it not been for a 30 year experience in rc boating to help me. LOL. CCracing 1" pipe may work well with a 26cc modded Zen but on a 50cc modded chain saw.????

Hi mart,
I guess the neighbours are quite used to me testing on the river and raising a racket but never more than for five minutes. if you guys refer to a homie as those motors on a back pack use for cutting grass or bushes, we have such categories of racing here for the 33cc and 43cc. Then we have this category where the motor are a combo of homie crankcase and chainsaw jugs. Single ring piston. The mods on the jugs and crankcase are as per usual. high speed bearings are used. Some changed their flytwheels to get some extra revs. The motor on that hull was not at it's best. Wish it was, then i would be getting some speed once the setting is near perfect as you can see from the last part of the vid. Thanks for the nice words.

Latiff.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
martno1fan

I asumed it was a homelite engine as it says on the video 50 cc homie ,it goes very well if you ask me.Id like to build a tunnell myself when i find the time between manufacturing my hulls.How big is that hull in the vid,looks quite big is that your own design.
Mart
Old 07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
YPC

Hi Body Guard
Well done ! That boat looks awesome on the water and handles very well.
I have had it in my mind to build a 50cc Outboard, but given the reality of the overall potential numbers, I dont think the effort would be worth it in the
long run.
I am hoping to have some good copetittion for my Inboard F1 in September at a Durban national gathering.
Keep it going
Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
jtdesign

Body Gaurd I only was suggesting the cc 1" pipe because it is one of the lager pipes & I should have said "like the cc pipe" anyway nice job & I know you have alot of experience in the I see you on lots of threads, keep up the nice work.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Body Guard

Hi YPC,
I reckon it would not be worth the trouble to build a 50cc OB. I can guess the economic reason behind that. I know someone will put a strong challenge to your hull in Durban. That would be Body Guard BoatsL which was designed with "power customised " concept only now fabricated in SA with authorisation. Thank you for the nice words mate. Keep up the effort in IB but we 'll not let go of OB.

Rgds

Latiff
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Body Guard

Hi jtdesign,
Sorry if I sounded like I've taken offence. No offence taken at all pal. A few of our guys here tried on their 33cc tunnel, and it has to be bigger than the 26cc pipe, of course. They use smaller tunnel to get extra speed and the pipe seems to be bulky and in the way of airflow and it makes their hull looks like ugly ducklings.
Thanx for the nice words.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Body Guard

No problem there Mart. The "homies" are in abundance here and so are the spare parts. It's only logical that we have such racing categories here and the net result is we have great number of racers. Race crazy lot we are.. We also have the Zen classes for the monos and cats. Yes the tunnel is one of the many I've built tested and raced in search of a refined design for the few categories I've mentioned. My favorite is of course the Zen tunnel which you can view in the related vids on Youtube.
This particular one has 45" LOA. a little on the short side for the power plant in use but it does give on the edge performance. Would you mind if I send a pm to you ?

Latiff
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 AM
martno1fan

Hi Latiff,
of course i understand why the use of homelite type engines are popular,theyre cheap and easy to get hold of and parts too.
Judging by the performance of that one they seem to go very well and would be a fun class and would allow anyone to have a go.
By all means send me a PM mate.
Mart
Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
CraigHeidemann

ORIGINAL: YPC

I am hoping to have some good copetittion for my Inboard F1 in September at a Durban national gathering.
Hello Dom,

Don't worry, I will be there in full force .... i believe we will be at stunning private dam. I can't wait !!!!

Later
C
Old 07-25-2010, 08:53 AM
YPC

Hi Crag, good to hear from you.
I have been caught up in a number of "other things" lately.
I will be flying up to Durban for Wednesday as Lisa-Marie and I have purchased a National marketing company and need to sign some final papers. I would have liked to have caught up with Lionel while i'n there, but he seems to be missing in action.
I am happy to believe, as you mention, that the Durban Enduro event is still a possibility, however still waiting on word from Lionel as to when, where and how.
The TOC event also looks like some big fun to look forward to. I am just trying to juggle my diary to be able to commit to it.
Has the Inboard F1's of Garry's arrived yet?
I am not getting to race against to much competition at our local club with my Inboard F1. As you know, we have three clubs in CT now, of which the one has the majority of the gas Inboard competitors.
Never the less, we get allot more races and laps in on a club race day as we only race two classes, so I reckon I should be ready for the competition when we get together at the National events. If the new SAMBA committee gets it together and we manage to host at least three National event s a year, that will be great.
Lisa-Marie and I are winding up our three year sabbatical and have invested in a number of companies this year, from Heat pumps to Printing to Marketing so I wont be having to much time for further R&D this year, although I really don't think any more is necessary, that Inboard F1 truly cruises, just need to hot the motor up a "wee bit"
Take care !
Regards
Dominic (YPC).

Old 07-25-2010, 02:01 PM
CraigHeidemann

Hi Dom,

Yes the race in DBN is still on, Lionel has paid for everything already. He will be going to the dam sometime soon so he can email pics to all of us and directions to get there. He has been very busy of late
with work and trying to sort out the issue with Hazelmere dam. Thank goodness it's all sorted out now. Congrats on all your new investments ... Those are surely going to take up most of your time for sure

3 clubs now ... Ouch ... Sounds more like politics than racing, if it is politics that is very unfortunate. I hope all the people who talk the talk in CT are actually coming to DBN to show us that they can do more than
just talk ;o) It's going to be a blast. As for the TOC... I wont be doing it ... It's unfortunatly just after the DBN race so money will be tight. If it was heald in November or early December as there is no racing in
december i would definitly do it.

They should make it that there are atleast 2 Nationals a year, having one National event a year is just not enough. Gas cars you have 4 a year, basically 1 race each callender quarter but that does get way to
expensive.

Anyway ... The inboard hull is going ok... i'm sure i will keep up with you this time ... well if i'm lucky. I do believe that Gary will have his inboard some time soon .... as far as i've heard via the grapevine he will have
it ready for Durban so it will be kind of a battle of the manufacturers ... LOL. I'm not sure if there will be enough cats to race on our own but i most certainly wont mind racing agains the mono hulls .... It just makes
it a whole lot more exciting having the 2 types of hulls competing, especially at the calmer dam we will be at.

Anyway, Chat soon
C
Old 07-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Body Guard

Hi guys.
Like they have in F1 car racing. Why not put up a trophy for the winning manufacturer over a stretch of a few chosen main races. i'm sure we will see better hull development.
Just an idea to ponder on.

Happy Boaitng all
Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Body Guard

Constructor's Trophy in The F1 car fellers.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:19 AM
YPC

Hi guys !
Its hard enough for us to try and get all the guys together to figure who the deserving winning pilot is nationally, let alone who builds the better boat LOL
As my late Dad always advised "Keep it simple"
Even so, I have seen some pilots take a terrible boat and make it win trophies with ease, and then seen some pilots take an amazing boat and make it look like @#$%!
On an exiting note in my life - Currently I am undergoing extensive eye surgery in an attempt to correct my degenerating eye sight. The technology available nowadays is absolutely amazing. If all goes well I will move from wearing" binoculars" to only having to use spectacles for close up reading.
I cant wait to realise the potential results and to see how it will affect my piloting "For the better I do hope"
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
jtdesign

ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Constructor's Trophy in The F1 car fellers.
........never-mind[&:]..............
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Body Guard

Where has everyone gone. ? Hello !!!! anybody home ?
Dang ! Everyone must be busy with their build
Ill just leave this package here so they can see it when they return.
Guys enjoy the recipe for a blow over - least fuel load and positive trim made before the run. Caught the press photographer by surprise but managed to keep shooting. Darkening sky and windy condition also contributed to the stunt
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Body Guard

Even the pics has gone awol Try again here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27298.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1488706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83032.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1488707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79922.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1488708  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
CraigHeidemann

We are still around Latiff ... Working hard on how to get to Durban to race .... it's costing a bit to go there for sure and we are all feeling the pinch financially.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
YPC

Hi All- trust you are well.
Special hallo to you Latif - Great pictures "The proverbial limit of the envelope"
I have been out of action for the past month undergoing several eye surgery operations and purchasing a new business, but am back in the groove, doing business with boats as far as RUSSIA. "with love"
As Craig mentioned, we are all trying to figure a way to get to our next upcoming event in Durban, which is a logistic challenge as well as costly weekend.
I have continued to really enjoy racing my INBOARD F1 at club level and am looking forward to testing its true character at the above mentioned National event if we get there.
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Body Guard

Hi Craig,
Hope you can get to that race. I have been battling with the you know who and my 'fangs' are starting to show. I don't like it but they made it. So they better watch their next step to try and wrangle most of that fund away.[:@]
Anyway keep trying mate. I'm with you all the way.
Cheers
Latiff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.