Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dangerous Boating

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dangerous Boating

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:13 PM
scooter666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous Boating

Lately, IMO, there seems to be quite a few video's of people running there boats, having fun and generally enjoying themselves, But doing so in a extremely dangerous way!!!!!!!
I would like to remind every one, from newby's to veterans, that these machines are very high speed and will cause considerable damage to YOU or OTHERS in the event of a collision with other objects or people.
I've recentely seen, wet slopeing launch area's, pick up boats, swimmers, boaters, bare foot pitcrews, fisherman, children playing on the waters edge and all of them are at risk!!!!!
I am bringing this subject up as I recently had a scare myself when launching a friends boat and i slipped, ass over head, in the wet mud with a roaring boat in my hands at the waters edge...a very close call.
Please dont think that im saying we are all at fault, but it just a kindly reminder to take care whilst you are enjoying this great hobby.
Cheers Scoot
Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM
PEERPSI

Default RE: Dangerous Boating

When things get dodgy I bring it into shore. Once last year I had a girl come over and ask me about the boat and tell me she thought her brother would love it. Then she proceeds into the water and starts swimming out into the boats path?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
MrMikeG

Scooter, come on down for another run, you know we practice safety! Billabong is filled to the top though!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:55 AM
scooter666

No worries Mike.....I'm working on a trip soon, gotta make a floating pontoon for out the block so we dont slip over again I got hold of 8 x 50ltr S/S kegs, so it should hold a couple of us "larger" boys
How did your race meeting trip go ?????????
Cheers Scoot
Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 AM
andym

Scoot very good words, you were not the only one to go belly up on Rocks dodgy boat ramp. Mike YES we will let you know when
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM
amax

Yea I have to agree, there have been A Lot of vids popping up of People Doing Stupid Stuff with R\C Boats in the water. I had a spot I would run at, that was also a semi popular swimming spot in the summer, and people would bring there kids out and proceed to send them out in the water with the boats Screaming buy, instead of going around the point and swimming on the other side. I of course made my buddy's bring there boats in just as I was. And the People would ask,, Why are you stopping??
So I would bring theme over to the table and proceed to showing theme the boat up close, Finishing with "The Prop". They would see Those Big Shiny 3 Blade Props and Go Wow,, That Thing Looks Mean, and I would turn to them and Say,, Yea now Imagine that Prop on the Big hydro over there that you liked so much,, Hitting You Turning 19,000 RPM, Or that Little one there at 30,000+ rpm[X(][:-][&:] and the Only Thing that's stopping it from Eating You is this little radio in My Hand If I loos the connection that boat can go just about anywhere.
I don't know about you But I Prefer to Stay Clear of 30,000 rpm Meat Grinders,,LOL.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
tropheus29

Ever see what a prop can do to your skin....just brushing against it?

Warning GRAPHIC PIC

http://www.quickdrawengines.com/Page_102.html

This was at idle and through a rubber boot.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
savageguy25

just a flesh wound walk it off...........im a EMT an i hope i never have to treat myself or any of my buddies for doin somthin like that
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
tropheus29

Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 PM
MsDarla

Same things happens with RC helis & planes.
Accidents waiting to happen.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Jon DesJardins

Now that is just nasty !
[:'(]
Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 PM
amax

Wow his foot will never be the same again. I cut a tendant in my right thumb and had surgery to tie it back together 20 yr ago (not on a prop) and I still have trouble with it sometimes.