Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

RCMK 520 Twin

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

RCMK 520 Twin

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
dr drip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCMK 520 Twin

Can we have the latest update on the rcmk twin....was thinking on a couple of for a build...heard rumours of the cranks not holding up. A few were good with first impressons...then all quiet...update please. Garth
Old 08-07-2010, 08:25 PM
cat samich

Default RE: RCMK 520 Twin

i was told by the owner of abc props that the twin was a waste of time. they rate it at 10 hp and he told me it actually makes around 7hp. he also went on to say that in his personal 56 apache he had better luck with a pair of single cylinder rcmk's because two singles were much lighter than a pair of twins. i wanted to go the same route you mentioned with a pair of the twins but he talked me out of it.

hope this helps
Old 08-08-2010, 06:02 AM
qdemon

Hi Garth
Well this mail just came to me from Danny at SonicRacing in AUS, Danny had the S520 Twin in one of his R60 mono,s and the engine broke after 4 laps, a problem with the Crank connector.
RCMK are working on a 1 piece replacment crankshaft which will be available to those of use that purchased the engine from Bruce - gizomotors.

I myself have one of these motors as yet it has not been fired up due to not haveing a suitable hull to put it in.
I caanot say that I am overly happy at getting this news from Danny but we will have to wait & see what happerns next ?.

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45508.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1480584  
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 AM
rcguy1411

i knew ther was a reason that i was waiting to buy one of these hope RCMK gets this isue sorted out as i would like a couple to drop on my hull
Old 08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
dicko

On JRCBD they have said the new RCMKs have the crank issue sorted. They also stated that they stand by their product, so if it fails you'll get it fixed.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 AM
dr drip

Thanks to all....I have heard how good Bruce is at service...and thats good....but a boat in drydock for a lot of warranty issues is a boat not in the water. It's like the Sea King Helicopter...for every hour flying it needs 30 hrs maitnance...no good for a boat engine to be the same way.Any word on how they did the crank fix? Garth
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears RCMK are good at after sales service,theyre the ones doing all the work fixing any problems that occur,try getting zenoah to even aknowledge any issues.The good thing about rcmk is they are willing to replace anything that fails.
In an ideal world they maybe should have done more testing before releasing these engines but at least theyre fixing whats wrong with no questions asked.Im glad i waited before i bought one and ill continue to wait after hearing about the crank issues.
Mart
Old 08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes the cheapest R&Dis to put them on the market .......... the 'boys' will soon tell you whats good and whats bad .......................... might not be best marketing tool but is a good R&D tool - good marketing tool if everything goes good.................. not so good if lots of issues

But it is a goodand relative inexpensive processas long as you follow up on entry engine issues ........ which appears Mr. Park is doing ..........

Should be good engine ........... already has excellent market price .......