Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Need some $ help on some boats a friend has

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Need some $ help on some boats a friend has

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
scruboak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some $ help on some boats a friend has

Ok to make a long story short, I registered here to be able to hopefully get some answers on 3 boats my friend inherited from a deceased family member. These boats are built top notch from the looks of them & all have very little use. I was told that no expence was spared on the way he built them. I will try to answer as many questions as possible but these boats are new to me. My main question i guess would be is what are they worth? Thanks for any help on this topic. Here is boat 1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93150.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1487163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85194.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1487164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36310.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1487165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14009.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1487166  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
scruboak

Default RE: Need some $ help on some boats a friend has

Boat 2

Name:	Ge94148.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1487167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61385.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1487168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47734.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1487169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71826.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1487170  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:31 PM
scruboak

Boat 3

Name:	Tr50502.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1487171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vm83534.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1487172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx98552.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1487173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87857.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1487174  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
scruboak

sorry for the poor photography
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
pyro1

I would be interested in the rigger if you want to sell it.

pyro1
Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boats should be listed under For Sale once you figure out what you want - try asking a local hobby shop - hard to judge here - no builder info? no info on engines (stock or Mod)?how old are the engines? - how much fuel thru them ?= no hardware info - any brand names on the hulls ?

Any video of them running -

Maybe some one will tell you what they are worth - good luck maybe bit more info would help

Cheers
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A nice collection - unfortunate way to get some boats though

Boat 1 is an Aeromarine Outrigger. with an old 23c 2 port zenoah. Quick in its day - but its day was about 10-15 years ago. Looks a nice build and in decent condition but how it was stored and what it has for electronics will impact how expensive it will be to get in the water - anywhere from $0 - $300. As it sits I would think it might sell for around $500 - 600

Boat 2 is an Aeromarine 50" apache with a homelite motor. Again - in its prime about 10-15 years ago. Also looks a good build. Similar to above - depending on how it was stored it might cost some money to get it in the water. I would say you would also sell her for around $500

Boat 3 is an Aeromarine Hydro. Nice setup. Has a Quickdraw 35 (could be 32 but they were not comon). Quickdraw 35's alone sold new for around $1200 alone (this style). I would think all things working well it might sell for $1000 - 1200 . Hard to tell age but I would think it also is around 5-10 years old. Again storage - could be major problems with this motor if not stored correctly. Might be $600 plus if not in working order. Radio also might need some attention.

My advice would be to have someone experienced to try and get them started/running (DO NOT TRY TO CRANK THEM OVER DRY - Might do more damage). Also determine if the radios work (will certainly need new batteries - if old batteries were not removed they may well have done damage if stored long term).

Also - be sure to take some good clear pictures of the boat, motor, electronics, and hardware when you get ready to list for sale.

scruboak - if interested in selling them through this site then please set up a free ad within the classified section of this site.

Please - Nobody make offers for purchase within the thread - this is against the site rules and posts will be removed.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 PM
scruboak

Justaddwata Thank you very much for your knowledge. I am lost as to what these are & what they are worth. I want to help my friend out & sell them but i do want to get close to current value for him. Hopefully i can get someone to give me even more info on them, I will post them in the appropiate section when i list them.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I found the International Hobbies decals on the sport hydro interesting as they should have come with the Homelite. Warehouse Hobbies did a lot of work for Int'l Hobbies back in the day including hulls. Modified Homelite's back then went to some serious money as compared to today's powerplants, we now get a lot more for the same money that they paid a decade ago. What Int'l Hobbies did to the engine is very hard to tell as they had several levels of mods but most were 25cc's.

Scruboak, it's not just you but there have seen several postings this week that aren't site legal with offers to buy or items for sale. I found out when I was a Mod here that people assumed that all forum site rules are pretty much the same but this one has a few rules that are different from the norm and what Matt mentioned is one of those.
Don't feel bad as when I first signed up here many years ago I didn't bother to read them over.

Don't apologize for the pix as they're better than some that have been submitted when asking us one of our favorite games for us old guys which is "Name this boat!"
Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM
scruboak

Thanks Ron
Old 08-28-2010, 06:17 AM
scruboak

I am going to try & list these this week for sale. I am still trying to find a little more info on them or someone in my area to take a look at them. Pm me thru this forum if interested in any of them. Thanks