Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

WH Enforcer newbie lots of questions!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

WH Enforcer newbie lots of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
rcboatman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WH Enforcer newbie lots of questions!

Hey everyone, I have been searching for a long time looking for a Warehouse hobbies Enforcer boat, and finally found a one year old Manta Ray on ebay and purchased it. I received the boat the other day and it is in excellent condition and looks like it was hardly used. I am new to this hobby of r/c boating in the past i've had r/c cars and trucks nitro powered. I have a list of questions, and Iknow some of them are probably obvious questions, but I need help!

I started the boat up and it revs up high, the idle screw doesn't seem to be touching anything, I rest the high and low back to factory settings and it seemed to idle better, am I doing something wrong?

How do you shut the boat off is my next question I seem to just choke it to shut it off?

The rod going to the rudder in the rear is bent a little is this normal or is it supposed to be straight?

How do I know the water pump is working, I noticed the inside of the exhaust was wet?

Thanks I really appreciate the help!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
apache 1

Default RE: WH Enforcer newbie lots of questions!

Play with your radio trim settings and linkages a little to achieve proper throttle settings. Do the same for your rudder. The bent or doglegged linkage is just what is done to allow good alignment through holes and what not to the servo.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:20 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This video by Paul explains it very simple great video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyXzMXh3i0
Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
5bbasher
My Feedback: (3)

rcboatman77,...............welcome dude.....you chose a great boat  to get into the hobby. enforcer boats are top notch and whh owners/staff are second to none!.........  apache1 is right, you want to adjust your idle with the throttle trim on your radio. there are various ways to shut the engine off depending on what equipment you have (ekg, failsafe etc).............tell you what, there is a thread called "enforcer owners this is your thread"  on this site.......... i think you should head over there and post all of your questions..........be sure to list all of your equipment (engine, radio eq etc) it also doesn't hurt to post pics.......... this info will help us to help you.....  i'll see ya at the enforcer thread......
Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
rcboatman77

Thanks for all the help guys, I will ask some questions on the Enforcer thread also!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Johnnysplits

Usually you would kill the engine by closing the throttle plate completely by hitting the "brake" on your Tx. The engine itselfhas a kill switch on it. You should also invest in a killer bee kill switch. You dont want a runaway if something happens...you cant trust radio failsafes.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcboatman77

Thanks for all the help guys, I will ask some questions on the Enforcer thread also!
I dropped you a PM offering some assistance in person.

As anyone here will tell you - I am not a stalker - just happy to help someone new into the hobby

Let me know if I can be of help