Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

zippkits easyvee

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

zippkits easyvee

Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
ben_sprink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zippkits easyvee

does anyone on here have an easyvee? if so post it up. mine is getting painted tomorow and i will post pics then. still havent decided on what kind of engine. post your pics and setups of your easyvee!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Bucky1961

Default RE: zippkits easyvee

Hi Ben

Do a Search you will find a Lot of photo & info
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 AM
blizard05

ORIGINAL: ben_sprink

does anyone on here have an easyvee? if so post it up. mine is getting painted tomorow and i will post pics then. still havent decided on what kind of engine. post your pics and setups of your easyvee!
Mine is on the zipp kits site, the orange one Larry
Old 08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the money, you simply can't beat the stock Zenoah 260. Much more powerful, reliable and user friendly than any trimmer engine.
Also, it is a complete bolt in. Not so with trimmer engines, as you have to fabricate your own mounts and exhaust.

Finally, we ran an EV with a stock Homelite 25cc, purchased new from Home Depot. The best we could get was 18 mph.
Same boat, with a stock 260 was 49 mph...

Please see our "Setups" page for the latest info on the EV.

Best price for the Zenoah tends to be from Bruce at [link=http://www.gizmomotors.com]Gizmo Motors[/link]

Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

The stock Homelite in the Fun cruiser is quite a bit faster than 18, I have seen many homie powered boats in the 40 to 50 mph mark. Homelite held the saw record for awhile. Not trying to take away from the Zen's but for a budget build a homie is a good choice, it doesnt make alot of sense to me anyways to put alot of money into a homie as that money could go to a better mill like a Zen or a RCMK but I think the homelites do have their place and no it's not in the trash can!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:05 PM
BMAD01

Joe Petro

Certified

Score: 108
Last Login: 5/17/2012
Status: offline For the money, you simply can't beat the stock Zenoah 260. Much more powerful, reliable and user friendly than any trimmer engine.
Also, it is a complete bolt in. Not so with trimmer engines, as you have to fabricate your own mounts and exhaust.

Finally, we ran an EV with a stock Homelite 25cc, purchased new from Home Depot. The best we could get was 18 mph.
Same boat, with a stock 260 was 49 mph...

Please see our "Setups" page for the latest info on the EV.

Best price for the Zenoah tends to be from Bruce at Gizmo Motors

Joe

-Zippkits-
People make this a great hobby!

Joe, What happened to the Easy Vee pictures page you had on your old website? There must have been a dozen of different E/V's - mine included. I don't have but a couple pics of that boat from 2007. Thanks, Brian
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM
blizard05

Joe, where "did" our pictures go?? Larry
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

I think the older homelites were much better than the new ones, I am working on a homelite build right now.  It is far from stock and should run in the mid 40's according to past builds.  The homelite is not a bolt in motor but they do sell engine mounts and exhaust setups for them.  The Zens are definately a better engine especially if you are planning on running a tuned pipe.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put a bunch of money into a homie when they are behind in the game from the get go. But it is an option for people on a really tight budget.  You can find a used homie for a few bucks and at least have a running boat.  As for me, I have been out of work  for awhile now and happen to have a brand new homie sitting in the garage so I figured I will use it until I get back to work.  I will not be putting a Zen in my boat though I am going to either try a RCMK or one of Tony's X force M5's (Zen clone)