Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

BEL RAY MC1

Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
idocdave09
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEL RAY MC1

Has anyone tried BELRAYMC1 oil in their boats? I use it in every thing weddie, chain saw and my boat that started out with a modded Hommie that still has hash marks on the cyl, it now has a Zen. I ran about 42:1 mix in the Hommie, and a little more in the Zen. Never had any carbon build up at all in any thing I used it in.
I know you guys will jump in about not enough oil but it works for me.

Dave
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: BEL RAY MC1

I just ordered a few cans of oil (Honda HP2 and MAXIMA CASTOR 927). I was looking at trying a few different mixes but held off on the Bel Ray as I read a few (bike) reviews where there was talk of ash deposits and fouled plugs if needles were not perfect. Considering my mixes I figured this order I would stick with what has worked for me in the past.

Certainly let us know how it goes for you and what mix you end up running
Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
siberianhusky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEL RAY MC1

Tried it in a my bikes, messy and carbon deposits in the exhaust port. Honda if I can't get Klotz. I do use bel ray 2t trans oil in all my 2 stroke bikes, and 40 weight in my 600 sport bike. Works great, they are good products at a reasonable price. Might be fine in smaller engines, really didn't like it in a 250 and its a real pain to clean a KIPS exhaust valve on a kawi 2 stroke!
I like most of their products and use them on a regular basis. Good stuff