RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   TERBObob!~~~ Pressure port on 260 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/1380746-terbobob-%7E%7E%7E-pressure-port-260-a.html)

Doubledog 12-27-2003 01:29 PM

TERBObob!~~~ Pressure port on 260

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Bud, before I mount it, may as well drill the pressure tap for the pump.

This is the place right?

Make sure I've got this right:
Take the cylinder off
insert a small enough brass tube so the drill bit doesn't eat the threads up
Install the nipple and thats it ???

Sounds too simple, just want to make sure.

Peace brother.

TERBObob 12-28-2003 09:38 AM

RE: TERBObob!~~~ Pressure port on 260

Sometimes simple is soooo sweet huh ? Yep . you got her ....

Doubledog 12-28-2003 09:49 AM

Thanks Bud.

Doubledog 12-30-2003 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You know how it is. Didn't want to drill into a fresh engine for the first time without knowing for sure. I trust your opinion my friend.;)

Here's some photos from yesterday.

Fresh 260... hasn't seen gas yet

In photo #3 you'll see the brass nipple and the hole in the port for the pump.

Doubledog 12-30-2003 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Changed out the SpeedWorld mount for a home-made deal.

Being since I wanted to keep the shaft log and clutch, the SW mount put things a little low. No big deal.

Here's what it looked like before installation and after.

Doubledog 12-30-2003 03:41 AM

now I need the foreward wrap header pipe to clean up some of the exhaust sticking out.

Was hoping to run today but my throttle cable is too short. Heading to the LHS to pick up more supplies today anyhow. If it doesn't snow this week, might be able to get it wet!

Safe_Cracker 01-01-2004 12:41 PM

Hey since you guys are in the answering mood I have one for you on this subject :D . Ok here is goes, I have an engine (G23 Mod) but the pressure tap for the pump is actually in the manifold (plastic piece between carb). The thing I was wondering, is that ok or will it take from the pressure needed by the Walbro for fuel pressure? It seems to work ok until I get up on it and it will stall until you let off of it. I am a mechanic by trade and I know what to look for but I am telling you this has me stumped this is the last overlooked thing.Thanks for any help you can provide!:)

TERBObob 01-02-2004 08:45 PM

First ,
SAFECRACKER , yes , that is perfectly acceptable and has worked for many for years .
It sounds like you "might" have a weak pump diaphram . The tap , as long as it is not larger bored than the pressure tap hole that is orignally there for the carb , you should be fine .
More than likely , I would highly suggest that you change your carbs pump diaphram and you should stop the loss of power at full acceleration .
Another thing ... ( sometimes the obvious seems to be overlooked also ) , but have you checked the fuel line for any leaks ? Or around the carb heat dam for any possible air leaks due to bad gasket ?

PHCM ,
She is SWEET looking there .... and the wrap forward will definately do it for you . ( although you could just get a pipe bracket and suffice with what you have .... remember - the more angles in the header pipe , the more loss of performance you will have )
Nice clean setup there ....
( now if I can get you to take some action shots ... :D :D :D )

Ya know ... you guys with soft water are starting to make me jealous .... [&o]

Bad Karma 01-21-2004 08:11 PM

Can you use the same method for the water pump pressure fitting on the G26 as the G23? You know, drilling into the manifold or heat dam as some would describe...

Thanks

Lost Down Under 01-22-2004 03:56 PM

Yes. As Bob says, just check that the nipple doesn't obstruct the pump port when it is installed.