RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Ooooops I did it again! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/1419547-ooooops-i-did-again.html)

Safe_Cracker 01-10-2004 11:18 PM

Ooooops I did it again!

Once again fellow juggies I oversized my exhaust port to the point of exposure (popped a hole in it) and was wondering what to use to repair it?Is there a high temp putty or something i could use to patch her and still hold up to exhaust temps? The engine is a 230 Pum. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....:D

nitropower 01-11-2004 08:17 AM

RE: Ooooops I did it again!

you can use JB weld on it. Use the regular stuff not the fast cure. otherwise its off to the TIG welder.:D
Nitropower

TERBObob 01-11-2004 09:53 PM

Ditto on what NITROPOWER said ... I , too went too far when reaming out the ports and wha-la , thank God for JB WELD ! ( again , NOT the QUICK CURE! It doesn;t hold up ! )

Safe_Cracker 01-12-2004 07:13 PM

THe only thing I was worried about was that the damage was done in the exhaust port and with the high temps capable there, would JB hold up? I think I found some metal repair made by Permatex that actually gets harder with heat and holds up to 2000 deg F. I'll keep you guys posted..:D

bill heacock 01-29-2004 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Safe_Cracker

Once again fellow juggies I oversized my exhaust port to the point of exposure (popped a hole in it) and was wondering what to use to repair it?Is there a high temp putty or something i could use to patch her and still hold up to exhaust temps? The engine is a 230 Pum. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....:D
Safe cracker,
Go to http:// www.davesmotors.com and buy yourself a new head, you'll be surprised how cheap it is, Daves is a moped dealer, they sell Superior engines that are exact duplicates of the Zenoahs'. All the parts interchange. If you use the piston from one to the other remember to get the wrist pin & clips for that piston.

Safe_Cracker 02-01-2004 03:47 PM

Bill, the engine is a PUM (Performance Unlimited Marine) meaning it has a water jacket. Dave sells aircooled stuff, very cool guy though. I have dealt with him several times. Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I have a Putty motor now, LOL..:D

TERBObob 02-02-2004 01:54 AM

SAFECRACKER ,
Try FASTRATFINK ( Larry ) .... think he might have a couple ... or try M&D ... he was on EBAY just getting rid of a lot of pistons ... might have a jug for you . ;)

Safe_Cracker 02-02-2004 03:36 PM

TERBObob,

I'm not into jugs from a guy named Larry! I am married and into women, LOL....J/K, Thanks for the reply, I will check them out.:D

TERBObob 02-02-2004 03:54 PM

:) :)

Ok .... ok .. you got me ...
But do you know who I am talking about ? If not , I can get you his email ...

Safe_Cracker 02-03-2004 06:50 PM

Ya I know who they are. I am a member on Jim's but they keep denying me the right to reply to posts for some odd reason:eek:. Thanks for the reply! I can't wait to get this huge tunnel transformed into an inboard, should be wild! :D

TERBObob 02-03-2004 06:52 PM

LOL ... sorry about that ... but I was thinking ....
The reason is "probably" because you're NOT one of the "elite" coffee clotch group . :) :) :)

Safe_Cracker 02-04-2004 05:35 PM

Ya Ya Ya, LOL..... Did you say Elite? Elite_One was one of my MANY niks on several chats and I am the original Safe_Cracker all the way back from "Gooey" chat days, LOL...Anywhoooo I found a Jug and Piston for $66. I LOVE E-BAY! Check out e-bay item #3172875851 and see. Anyone need a piston?;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D