RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   yey my drifter floats!!!! pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/5335092-yey-my-drifter-floats-pics.html)

crazyotto 01-28-2007 11:14 AM

yey my drifter floats!!!! pics

1 Attachment(s)
went to the lake today to do a float test , and some pics , test run is next weekend regurding my manifold arrives , so a couple water lines for the pipe and drill the hul for the rear tip and im off and running !!! its been a process but im very happy so far with the build but , i will really know after the test run , and you bet im going to put the gps on it after break in :D

I also want to thank everybody whom made nice comments on the boat , it was a tough build being it was made for electric and had all the size problems going with gas engine , It really gave me te energy to get this to where it is now .. also wanted to thank raj at xxx for the engine and bow rail . bmadd brian for cg advise and anyone else who was involved ..

hull-- 55 drifter xL with my carbon fiber floor and stringers
steering -- bonzi inline strut mounted in the hull
prop - propshop 67-17-3
engine - sikk 27
exhaust - bonzi mod pipe
radio- spectrum 3 channel
fuel- saddle tanks w carbon fiber mounts
theme- liquid metal race team

yeeharacing 01-28-2007 11:28 AM

RE: yey my drifter floats!!!! pics

Looks good!

firefox144 01-28-2007 11:45 AM

That boat looks great in the water. It has a very nice lie.
Cant wait to see it run.

BMAD01 01-28-2007 12:16 PM

Lookin good Kevin!;) When ya gonna fire it up an make er GO? The water there looks like a big, shallow puddle! LOL My lake's got a foot of snow on it![:o] I've been lookin at the vents you put in the rear of the deck. You might wanna pull the covers off and open those holes up as big as the covers will allow. You can never have too much air going out.;) Brian:D

crazyotto 01-28-2007 12:25 PM

yeah brian that is on my list to do , funny you meansion it .

BMAD01 01-28-2007 12:35 PM

Great!:) You still didn't say when it's gonna run!:eek: Gotta go wash the Bronco, I'll check back later. Brian

crazyotto 01-28-2007 12:43 PM

brian on my first post is says im waiting on the header so , hopefully i can water test it next weekend ;)

crazyotto 01-28-2007 12:45 PM

oh yeah my truck is sitting in the driveway , can you wash mine too

BMAD01 01-28-2007 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OH YEA! Forgot about the header!:eek: Don't worry, Carmin'll do ya right. Sure! Bring yer truck over any time, theres a "do it yourself'r" carwash a few blocks away! LOL If mine stays clean thru tomorrow, I'll be suprised! Brian

crazyotto 01-28-2007 02:41 PM

icccck i hate snow unless it keeps me home from work with pay :D

Ultimate48 01-28-2007 06:45 PM

Hey crazy

looks real good. water line looks good too .

must have been a tease to have it in the water and could not even run it ! [&o]

Steve

crazyotto 01-28-2007 07:22 PM

yeah for sure that lake was half drained anyway

firefox144 01-28-2007 09:13 PM

That sounds pecemistic, You should have said the lake was half full.
Its going to be a great Spring and Summer.

I am planning on beating your a?# I hope. :D

crazyotto 01-28-2007 09:17 PM

yeah ??? oh we shall see , im going to tie your rig to a cinder block under the water ....we will see who wins then

martno1fan 01-29-2007 05:11 AM

looks great mate,im not familiar with that set up seems a lot of stuffing tube un suported between the strut and the hull is that normal?.

John Howell 01-29-2007 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

looks great mate,im not familiar with that set up seems a lot of stuffing tube un suported between the strut and the hull is that normal?.
That's a normal setup for a cat

martno1fan 01-29-2007 06:45 AM

really id have thought theres a big chance of things getting ripped out with so much unsuported tube i certainly wouldnt feel confident in that set up to be honest.

crazyotto 01-29-2007 07:00 AM

nahh the tube is fine when the boat is under way it barely touches water and ive ran tubes like that as well as others for years ..

BMAD01 01-29-2007 07:12 AM

martno1fan, You have to realise the length of his hull (55") and engine placement for correct balance. It appears to be only about 12" of tubing hanging out there. Thats about normal on a Cat. Also remember that the tubing will not be submerged as the sponsons keep most of it out of the water. You wanna see a long stuffing tube?[:-] Wait till I post pics of my new Rigger. I just measured the tubing on it. I got about 18" hanging loose before it goes into the strut![X(] Brian;)

martno1fan 01-29-2007 07:14 AM

not that im critisizing im just saying i wouldnt feel confident in it like that id have thought more suport on the actual tube would be better but if youve run them like that i supose it works ,how do others run them do they all use that set up?.

gasfreak 01-29-2007 07:18 AM

My sprint cat is the same way,the super cat I used to have was the same.this is the way cats are setup

martno1fan 01-29-2007 08:18 AM

like i said i wasnt critisizing just asking why its done this way thats all it does look a little bit odd thats all .nice boat though i have to say.

Believe It 01-29-2007 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

really id have thought theres a big chance of things getting ripped out with so much unsuported tube i certainly wouldnt feel confident in that set up to be honest.
this is one reason a balanced prop is a must.... cable whip can tear out a stuffing tube thats been glassed in if its violent enough.

btw bmad... stuffing tube for my rigger is almost as long, and its only a 30" boat [:-]