RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   LAZOR 40( Blew Bayou!! ) UPDATED PIC'S (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/5355994-lazor-40-blew-bayou-updated-pics.html)

BILLIUM 02-01-2007 01:18 PM

LAZOR 40( Blew Bayou!! ) UPDATED PIC'S

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all, This is my lazor 40 w/ WHH'S EZ - 23 FULL MOD. & COMP. DRIVE. w/ a s/b/p prather 275 . A buddy of mine does the paintin on all my toy's. Just got it back together. Can't wait till spring . This thing sould fly. LMK what you all think ?
Thank's 4 looking
Bill

saleens7 02-01-2007 03:38 PM

RE: LAZOR 40( Blew Bayou!! )

nice paint job...nice boat...cant wait to see a few vids of it this upcoming spring...there wil be vids. right?

BILLIUM 02-01-2007 05:08 PM

Thank, There will be vid's this spring ,
Later Bill

Gunkel 02-01-2007 05:33 PM

Bill, that is an awsome looking paint job and a great looking boat... Inspiring!

Greg

edmkills 02-01-2007 05:38 PM

Nice boat and like the name!

BILLIUM 02-01-2007 05:40 PM

Hi, Thanks 4 the kind word's . a good friend of mine does all my air brushin , Check out my gallery for other job's he did .
thank's 4 lookin
Bill

Slow Motion 02-01-2007 09:22 PM

A nice build Bill. Should be a blast in Spring. Bill, while you're waiting for the pond to soften ( like the rest of us ), could you just jump on the bathroom scales with that beauty, and give me an idea of the RTR weight? I know they're a small hull, and I'm wondering how they compare to the larger V's.

BILLIUM 02-02-2007 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Slow Motion, Man did you start something here. I asked the ol'lady 4 the scale she freaked out!! LOL. I guess we no longer have one ??? LOL So i went to the post office this morning & let me tell you the lady behind the counter was a hole lot nicer.. the boat is 14lbs. 2.6 ounces rtr.

Later
Bill

here's a pic of my home made clutch set up i cut it down a little !!! The other one is in my son's project setup as a three point mount. they are heavy duty clutches with shoe pad's.
they are from a old Hoffco weedeater'S & bolt right on to a Zenoah !! AND MAKE PERFECT CLUTCHES

Slow Motion 02-02-2007 01:45 PM

WOW!! Sorry Bill, didn't want to start a "domestic" on ya! That clutch looks like it's made for it. Realy like to see the vids in a couple more months.

BILLIUM 02-02-2007 02:02 PM

LMAO, No problem !!! Just thought it was stange why we no longer have a scale!! lol I will post vid's when the ice turn's back into water . Man i hate winter but it does make time to build.
Later Bill

PST. I guess i'll learn not to ask any dumb question's!!!!!!!!!:D

BILLIUM 02-13-2007 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
updated, I replaced the old style wtc pipe it was 1/2" diam. with a B/H 7/8's wtc header & pipe to let it breath alot better. How's it look now ?
later Bill V.

apache57stryker43 02-13-2007 03:25 PM

RE: LAZOR 40( Blew Bayou!! ) UPDATED PIC'S

Looks good but i would not use those gas lines as water lines. Replace those with a silicone water line, the tygon is great for gas but bad for water lines as they get soft from the heat and can even melt thus filling your hull with water and not cooling you engine!

JT~

firefox144 02-13-2007 08:06 PM

That boat looks great, A lot of pride went into that one.

I not a pro on this by any means, maybe someone else might know better,
but isn't that a fully submerged prop on a surface drive system??

I'm kind of curious.

BILLIUM 02-14-2007 07:47 AM

Firefox, It's running a prather 275 s/b/p .It is not just a subdrive prop !It can be used both application's depending on the setup you use. You get more out of a suface drive ( half the prop in the water) than you would a subdrive .

Later Bill V.

BILLIUM 02-14-2007 07:51 AM

hello Apache, I made the change's to the water line's replaced it with nito fuel line thank's . (GOOD EYE !!!)

Later Bill V.