RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Fuji-Imvac marine engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/6306916-fuji-imvac-marine-engines.html)

webdr 08-30-2007 11:27 AM

Fuji-Imvac marine engines

Are these engines comparable to zenoah? I have the ability to acquire the new BT-28 marine engine for the expresscraft lightning cat that I plan on building. Since it will be a good deal, I was going to purchase it. Are they good engines?

heres a link to the engine

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/N...roduct_id=2191

Justaddwata 08-30-2007 11:34 AM

RE: Fuji-Imvac marine engines

Think you will find there is no such thing as a good deal with the fuji marine motor.

Low power, limited mods, cracking exhaust manifold are typical complaints - I cant say I have seen any praise for them from anyone who has run a zenoah

(Actually - the above comments apply to the Fuji 24 - the Fuji 28 is new to market and I have not heard any feedback. )
They dont have specs up for the 28cc motor but the 24 specs speak for themselves
SPECIFICATIONS
Stock Number: FJIG0124
Displacement: 1.5 cu in (23.9 cc)
RPM range: 3,000-12,000
Output: 3 hp @ 10,000 rpm

webdr 08-30-2007 11:42 AM

What if I was to say that I was going to acquire this new engine for free, would it fit height wise in a lightning cat? Basically, If I can get a free new BT28 Im going to take it, atleast Ill have a motor to start with, right? You said limited aftermarket; who makes the limited aftermarket? All I want is a tuned pipe for it.

BB Modss 08-30-2007 11:43 AM

Zen or die, my STOCK G230 2 port motors run faster then any fuji its ran head to head with...and the 231's are even better, the 260's in raw stock form with a stock can muffler spank them..why bother?

Justaddwata 08-30-2007 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: webdr

What if I was to say that I was going to acquire this new engine for free, would it fit height wise in a lightning cat? Basically, If I can get a free new BT28 Im going to take it, atleast Ill have a motor to start with, right? You said limited aftermarket; who makes the limited aftermarket? All I want is a tuned pipe for it.
If you get one for free it may be worth considering. (I know if I got one for free it would sit under the bench). I say MAY be worth considering because you still have to spend hours setting her up and then if there are problems down the road it becomes less and less a free motor. Plus if you are not seeing the performance you anticipate you are only going to have to spend more money and more time making things the way they should have been from the start.

Having no experience with the new 28 I cant say what pipes would and would not fit. I would imagine it would use a zenoah sized manifold and spacing but I would wait till you have it in hand and measure it before ordering a pipe.

stempak 08-30-2007 07:03 PM

I have seen one with a tuned pipe. The makers of the motor said the motor is not designed for any modification beyond that and the ignition isn,t either. but for free I would get it and put a pipe on it.

wayneuk01 08-31-2007 06:03 AM

if u can get one for free i would do so. Then put it on e bay if u get what they are asking $299 u will be laughing all the way to the zen shop . ps.. please put my name on the free list if there's any space left..:D

martno1fan 08-31-2007 06:49 AM

yea me too i like free things :D.

boogermancan 09-11-2011 01:36 PM

lol i take it you got it for free. and now your in the red with it

Justaddwata 09-11-2011 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: boogermancan

lol - take it you did not see this thread is 4 years old :)

Nosedragger 09-11-2011 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: boogermancan

lol - take it you did not see this thread is 4 years old :)
:D

boogermancan 12-08-2011 04:22 PM

ya i have one now. it was dumped on me for free . and in the corner it sets

hendocap 12-08-2011 07:46 PM

How did you dig up this 4 year old thread ? And your point is ? LOL