RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   who to send zen to for full mod? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/7924458-who-send-zen-full-mod.html)

JakeDW 09-05-2008 08:19 PM

who to send zen to for full mod?

I have a stock Zen I want to send out for a full mod.Bonzi wants 175 no extra parts just full mod the motor 5.5 hp at 16.800rpm.who else can you send your motor to for a full mod I do not want to buy a new motor this one has bearly been used.

Thanks Jake

jacob711 09-05-2008 10:34 PM

RE: who to send zen to for full mod?

im pretty sure anyone would do it but i know cc racing does it and the performance would be considerably better than bonzi

http://www.cc-racingengines.com/inde...8cd63369075cd9

*Mod edit* Removal of site link requiring membership to view content.

JakeDW 09-05-2008 10:44 PM

CC 325 full mod

Toxic 225 full mod

Bonzi 300 full mod

anyone else?

I looked on Redline but saw no price for mod your supplied engine?

Jake

Scott Schneider 09-05-2008 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: jacob711

im pretty sure anyone would do it but i know cc racing does it and the performance would be considerably better than bonzi

http://www.cc-racingengines.com/inde...8cd63369075cd9

otherwise you could do it yourself, its not too hard you just need to take your time http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?...ing+the+zenoah
As the one who posted the "How Too" , I am doing these mods for hire at @ $250.00 + required parts? & shipping.

Dan S 09-05-2008 11:16 PM

Jake,

there's also
Butch the Boatman and

NFS (Need for Speed).

Dan.

martno1fan 09-06-2008 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: JakeDW

I have a stock Zen I want to send out for a full mod.Bonzi wants 175 no extra parts just full mod the motor 5.5 hp at 16.800rpm.who else can you send your motor to for a full mod I do not want to buy a new motor this one has bearly been used.

Thanks Jake

Hi mate i have a full mod fromSS ENTERPRISES it started out as a m5 mod from whhobies,it was then sent off to these guys and WOW.Give em a call i cant say enough good things about this motor its awesome.For further proof of its performance checkout Wallys(tahoes) sprintcat videos;).
Mart
[link]http://gasrcproducts.moonfruit.com/#/modmotors/4526479367[/link]
ps i know a guy on the dock who will mod it cheaper than most and he has a great reputation on there his names Butch T (NOT THE BOATMAN) PM me if you want his email.basiclyy he will mod a cylinder to close to a full mod for $60 ish or he will sell you a modded cylinder for $100 to just bolt on.You could email him to find out his price for an absolute full mod including lightened piston etc.

Tahoe1970 09-06-2008 07:11 AM

You can Contact SS enterprise directly @ 734-464-9560 speak with Steve......Awsome product and excellent Service.

JakeDW 09-06-2008 07:47 AM

thanks guys.

Jake

rcboateric 09-06-2008 10:31 AM

will see, I bet jake will get excited if he goes for this SS engine, another fast cat will come out here.

JakeDW 09-06-2008 06:16 PM

Well I did buy the pipe for it allready:D

Jake

JakeDW 09-06-2008 07:38 PM

Just talked to Steve motor will go out to him on monday[8D]

Jake

Paul M 09-07-2008 09:44 AM

Hey Wally,

Ya think the 78 mph sprint cat runs had anything to do with that decision?:D

JakeDW 09-07-2008 09:57 AM

Steve was a nice guy explained every thing he was gona do to the motor with a new carb ,work on the carb full mod shipping 290 that is a great price and I would say the vid shows it will run hard with the rite set up of corse.Was told the same motor went 82 in a diffent cat ,hello

Jake

martno1fan 09-07-2008 10:16 AM

Good choice you will love that motor ;),that 82 mph you talk about was in Wallys old boat i believe which was heavier than the new one HELLO :D.Im gonna stick my neck out and predict this new one will hit 84-85 mph once he gets the thing set up and the right prop ;).
Mart
ps no pressure Wally ;)

rcboateric 09-07-2008 10:43 AM

if I take my rigger's turn fin off, it would run 5-6 more miles on its 82mph basic of the speed, the lowest drag setup is a big factor to increase the speed, the prop and if you have a high rpm engine too, that's very important, have you guys paid attention on wall's water pick ups and rudder blade?

martno1fan 09-07-2008 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: rcboateric

have you guys paid attention on wall's water pick ups and rudder blade?
How can we he hasnt posted any pics of either? the only pics ive seen of his cat had the rudder removed ;),i asume he has flush piccups as hes going for all out speed.
Mart
ps if you take your turn fin off you wont be turning very much just kidding :D

rcboateric 09-07-2008 11:00 AM

yes, he's running the flush piccups plus a thin blade from what I can tell in his pictures. I had to use a turn fin, if not, the rigger won't turn normally.

Tahoe1970 09-08-2008 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Paul M

Hey Wally,

Hey Paul , I tried to figure out what this means......Your gunna have to explain before I can say Yes or No:D

Yes guys ...I use a flushmount water P/U and a thin rudder blade

JakeDW 09-08-2008 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe1970

ORIGINAL: Paul M

Hey Wally,

Hey Paul , I tried to figure out what this means......Your gunna have to explain before I can say Yes or No:D

Yes guys ...I use a flushmount water P/U and a thin rudder blade
Me buying a SS motor:D

Jake

martno1fan 09-09-2008 03:22 AM

ORIGINAL: rcboateric

yes, he's running the flush piccups plus a thin blade from what I can tell in his pictures. I had to use a turn fin, if not, the rigger won't turn normally.
Eric you must have inside infromation because Wally hadnt posted any pics of his rudder blade as i said the picture i saw had rudder removed?.I now notice he has posted the pic maybe you had a sneak preview lol :D.My rudder blade is thinned on the hydro,i could shave with it its so dam sharp [X(].
Mart
ps Wally how long is your rudder blade it looks short did you take some off to reduce drag?.

rcboateric 09-09-2008 07:30 AM

mate, a thin blade doesn't have water pickups built in, that's the way you can tell.

martno1fan 09-09-2008 07:53 AM

I dont know about that Eric but as i said how did you know? he hadnt posted a pic of his rudder till after you made that coment check his first pics on the other thread no rudder? once again you missinterprated what i said :eek:.As far as i know you cant buy thin blades? im sure you can pay to have them made thinner though.My blade has one piccup and was thinned before i bought it by the guy i got it off.Theres no reason a thin blade cant have a piccup in it ?.
Mart

rcboateric 09-09-2008 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

he hadnt posted a pic of his rudder till after you made that coment
Mart
you might check this post from 9/4/2008 9:33:46 PM(post # 7), he posted 4 pictures here, from the first one, did you see any water P/U of that rudder?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7912755/tm.htm

martno1fan 09-09-2008 11:37 AM

Cant say i do because i dont see a rudder :D,ok you mean the pic of it in the water? i cant see that pic clear enough to see wether its got a rudder on let alone piccups.I think you had inside info tell the truth mate :D.
Mart

Tahoe1970 09-09-2008 01:52 PM

AH...Paul I get what your saying now ...DUH the 78 helped Jake make that decision.

Mart...You boys play nice:)