RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   whats better,a Fuji or Homie motor?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/8013711-whats-better-fuji-homie-motor.html)

misshydro 10-02-2008 07:57 PM

whats better,a Fuji or Homie motor??

Ok I'd accidently posted this on the nitro forum..[X(] I have a chance to get a Fuji 24cc or Homie marine converted 25cc motor.[8D] I want to get my supercat up and running.;). I'm only going to use one of these motors for now until I can get a zen or sik motor for it..[8D]

Justaddwata 10-02-2008 10:48 PM

RE: whats better,a Fuji or Homie motor??

Have you considered an aircooled sikk motor for an option. Am not sure if you can get a great deal on the two you list but the aircooled sikk is a pretty potent motor and I recall them being available for a good price.

If it were strictly between the fuji 24 and the homie 25 I personally would lean a little more toward the fuji 24. It would be a little lighter. I am not sure if the exhaust flange on the 24 is the same as the zen but lastI tried the Homie is different to a zen. May make future conversion a little easier.

I am not sure which is the more powerful of the two. Certainly the fuji has the better design being a full crank and not the half crank like the homie.

I cannot claim to have much experience with either of the two motors. But think the fuji would be a closer size fit to a zen or Sikk if you were ever to upgrade her.

misshydro 10-03-2008 01:20 PM

Ok I was told wrong its a homie marine converted 30cc that comes with header and muffler..

MrMikeG 10-03-2008 04:53 PM

homie 25cc or 30cc doesn't make a lot of difference. 25cc is rated at 3/4 hp the 30 is a little more. Personally I would save until you have enough for a Zenoah or look at a second hand motor. Or like Matt said, an air-cooled Sikk.

soundguykaraoke50 10-03-2008 05:48 PM

back in the day,when we were called farm equipment,the homi was the way to go.the nitro guys kicked me and tony g off the lake in florida.back then i was running a dumas scarab powered by the echo with a cluch,tony was running the homelite with good results,this was in the mid to late 80s.he got me to go with the homi.in stock form with a header abd a pipe that combo was at just over 1.2hp. we were in the high 30s,after that i was sold on gas over nitro.i am 53 years old now.and since then i wont own a nitro boat.i used to take my dumas out in tampa bay and run the crap out of her,in a one foot chop she was in the air more than in the water.id like to see the nitro guys do that

soundguykaraoke50 10-03-2008 05:59 PM

you can spin the prater 275 or the 280 with the homi,the have the torke to do that with ease.they turn about 7500-9000 rpm.

MKMotorsport 10-06-2008 09:41 AM

I will add that I have a 11 year old Pro-Mod Homelite, that still runs!! (with all the "stock" parts from the original build) I actually plan on re-ringing it and tossing on some gaskets and running it in a Wildthing woodie playboat till it pops, maybe its got another 5 years in it? :D