RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   help error message (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/8014332-help-error-message.html)

JakeDW 10-02-2008 11:39 PM

help error message

Not sure what the problem is but I have posted lotso pics on here and this evening it will not let me up load any even ones i have uploaded befor so it not then pics.it gives me a erroe type message .tryed to find a email site deal with no luck.any sugestions?

Jake

rcboateric 10-02-2008 11:56 PM

RE: help error message

there is no problem here to upload photos, you might need to re format your computer.

JakeDW 10-03-2008 12:01 AM

It worked for me fine a few hours ago they up load fine to JBD site mabey it has something to do with my account on here?

Jake

JakeDW 10-03-2008 12:03 AM

test[img][/img]

it says word for word

Active serverpages error ASP 0241

as well as several other lines of text

Justaddwata 10-03-2008 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: rcboateric

there is no problem here to upload photos, you might need to re format your computer.
Reformatting the computer is the LAST thing I would try.

You might try cleaning your cookies folder which has resolved many a system glitch. Might be a glitch happening with the site.

Clean your cookies and retry. If that does not help try again tomorrow night. Still having problems e-mail me and I will ask the admins for futher assistance.

MrMikeG 10-03-2008 02:57 AM

when I get stuff like that I run
SpybotSearch and destroy
Adaware
and if you know all your paswords "C Cleaner" is really good at getting rid of crap files.
Between these 3 programs you should clean out the mess!

Ron Olson 10-03-2008 09:23 AM

I have Almost On Line/Charter as my ISP and I run into the same problems a lot in here which was tougher when I was a Mod here. If you are using IE 7, go to your "Tools" then select "Internet Options". You can clean out whatever parts of it that you want or everything.
AOL has "One-Click Fixes" that sometimes does the job. I also have AOL Explorer loaded that anyone can get and have had less problems using that program.
Sometimes it's as easy as logging out then back in.
Spybot is great for getting rid of spyware and tracking cookies which can give you fits and slow your 'puter down but it won't take care of your uploading problem.
If it still continues to make you want to smash something and say naughty words, you can always use a service like Photobucket then link to those shots.

soundguykaraoke50 10-03-2008 09:47 AM

during peek hours my photos wont load,i am just guessing that the amout of peaple loged in slows the loading down,early in the morning seems to work best

Rich404 10-03-2008 10:06 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been loading pics here for a while, this is what I have noticed. Sometimes, when trying to load multiple pictures, 4-5-6 at a clip, i get error messages. I think that it may have to do with the size of some of the files i try to load. I have been more successful at loading 2-3 max at a clip without errors. When you load the 2-3 pics and hit "ok", you can then go back and upload 2-3 more at another clip and do this until you reach the preset limit.

I hope this helps.

-Rich.

Dan S 10-03-2008 11:48 AM

Just replied to a post and uploaded a pic,

no problems.

Dan.

JakeDW 10-03-2008 04:52 PM

Last night is the first time it has happned to me and this morning it worked fine so who knows?

Jake