RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   THE STRANGEST LOOKING GASSER I HAVE EVER SEEN (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/8155562-strangest-looking-gasser-i-have-ever-seen.html)

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 10:05 AM

THE STRANGEST LOOKING GASSER I HAVE EVER SEEN

isn't this the strangest looking hydro you ever seen?i am sure that its one of those china boats, but really looks different.kinda cool look.at least its got a zenoah clone motor.has anybody actually seen this boat in person?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

Spetz 11-17-2008 10:15 AM

RE: THE STRANGEST LOOKING GASSER I HAVE EVER SEEN

I can see it looks somewhat unconventional but I actually like it, looks futuristic almost

wayneuk01 11-17-2008 10:49 AM

LOOKS COOL I LIKE IT..

martno1fan 11-17-2008 12:01 PM

Yea that looks very different ,it would be good to see how it runs but i like it as said its very futuristic looking and ive not seen anything like it to be honest.
Mart

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 12:27 PM

i just sent the seller a question about this boat.i asked them who makes this and is the motor a zehoah or a clone.this is one of the most futuristic boats i have ever seen since the aqua-craft v24.on the pictures i didn't see any turn fin.if this boat can run even close to 40mph it will be a handful in the turns.
i gotta say that this is a great look,very sleek design.did you guys look at the strut/rudder hardware?i like what i see,although looks are deceiving.i will post the answers to my questions i asked after they answer them.

Spetz 11-17-2008 12:33 PM

The V24 looks stupid I think

This is way cooler!

martno1fan 11-17-2008 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Spetz

The V24 looks stupid I think

This is way cooler!
The v 24 is modelled on a real boat my mate races similar ones to it although his has an open two man cockpit.
Mart

martno1fan 11-17-2008 12:52 PM

I noticed the rudder and the strut setup looks very interesting indeed,cant wait to find out if this is a one off or actually a boat that is going into production.
Mart

madphil 11-17-2008 01:10 PM

looks great and not much money to buy ,
you can throw a zenoah engine in when the clone breaks . the strut and rudder setup looks good.

phil.

Hydro Junkie 11-17-2008 02:11 PM

I would rather have the rudder offset to the side. Having it directly behind a surface drive prop makes it less effective than being in clean water when used in a hydro design

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 02:21 PM

your right about the rudder offset.i just thought that the design looks pretty strong,lets just say a lot better than some of the other junk out there.i am still waiting on a reply from the seller.the add doesn't say if this is a plastic or a fiberglass hull.i also asked what was the weight of this boat.I'll keep everybody informed of the answers.a;so the pictures don't show any turn fin.this is probably just a play boat,not for any kind of racing.still cool looking.

bentley marshall 11-17-2008 03:19 PM

yeah i like it too one of the better looking china boats ......at least its got a proper tune pipe ...not just a muffler on a pipe

Dreamin Hemi 11-17-2008 07:24 PM

Cool looking! Love the design.

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 07:39 PM

just got the answers to some of my questions from the seller,this is the quote.

Dear soundguykaraoke50,

Hello
I am not sure of what type of motor and I do not want to get inside and remove things to check, there are two letter on the motor head (QJ) I don't know if that will mean anything to you, also it is a combo of plastic and fiberglass, the boat weights 11 lbs. The boat is new, I never used it, but I did start the motor for about 30-60 seconds to make sure it worked, I did not do it any longer becuase it was not in water. I hope this ino.rmation helps you.

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 07:46 PM

i don't know if i should go for this one,I'm a sucker for out of the ordinary boats,what do you guys think?should i be the guinea pig?or do you think that these boats will flood the market,sorta like the aqua craft v24 did back then.starting bid is 499.99.its not a whole lot of money,but then it might just be a pile of junk.sure looks different though.

martno1fan 11-17-2008 07:52 PM

Buy me it for xmas :).
Mart

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 08:05 PM

sure marto.how would you like that sent,oh i know postage due on arrival.plus you wouldn't like my shipping & handleing fees. lol:)

martno1fan 11-17-2008 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: soundguykaraoke50

sure marto.how would you like that sent,oh i know postage due on arrival.plus you wouldn't like my shipping & handleing fees. lol:)
Hehe be cheaper for me to fly over and pick it up most likeley ,mind you my cousins an airline pilot over there maybe he can stow it in baggage for me :).Seriously though if i were you id buy it and give it a go ;).
Mart

sandydr 11-17-2008 08:11 PM

Here's some more info on it http://www.cheaponsale.com/d-p114168...ered_Boat_toy/

Sandy

soundguykaraoke50 11-17-2008 08:16 PM

good post ,i've been searching all day.thanks

sandydr 11-17-2008 08:24 PM

Flicking through the site you might find some other boats that you recognise from Ebay which may give you a clue to the type of engine that's in it. I think this company also trades under the name toyabi, but I can't see this model on their site.

Good luck!

Sandy

jacob711 11-17-2008 09:20 PM

that is a very weird boat, i reckon without that wing thing it'll look alot better

i can also see the first upgrade the prop is 82mm, a 70mm should wake it up a bit

JakeDW 11-17-2008 10:08 PM

Looks goofy to me but to each his own. I am thinking that I would rather spend 500 on a dragcat or something(in my best Pedro voice) .Good luck

Jake

BigBoyzToyz08 11-17-2008 10:09 PM

Wow cool boat more in my price range, just not soo sure how it would hold up.... been wantin the rio 51 which everyone knows had some issues , but who knows what issues this one could have.

Ultimate48 11-18-2008 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
as most have said cool looking but strange ,
Engine looks like a Zenoah copy like Arrow shark uses in there boats