RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   looking for DaVette TAF flat (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/8191938-looking-davette-taf-flat.html)

blownjet 468 11-28-2008 02:57 PM

looking for DaVette TAF flat

Could someone point me in the right direction on contact info for DaVette boats, so I can purchase myself a TAF flatbottom for Christmas ? (merry Christmas to me!) have seen this bad ass boat on a lot of posts, but never with any info on how to get one!!:D

Dana W 11-28-2008 04:36 PM

RE: looking for DaVette TAF flat

1 Attachment(s)
Here I am :o) . Just PM me and I can give you all the info you need .

JakeDW 11-28-2008 11:07 PM

They are way cool looking[sm=thumbup.gif]

Jake

Paul M 11-29-2008 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You will not be dissappointed. Dana, makes a very nice hull. It's easy to make one look purty:D

martno1fan 11-29-2008 06:45 AM

Dana as its xmas does he get buy one get one free and if so can i have the free one :D,have to say serriously i love that hull.
Mart

jacob711 11-29-2008 06:52 AM

that is a very nice boat, just curious what is the length of it

Dana W 11-29-2008 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There 46" long .

blownjet 468 11-29-2008 01:39 PM

looking to buy one of your TAF flats, tell me how!!!!

glennb2006 11-29-2008 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: blownjet 468

looking to buy one of your TAF flats, tell me how!!!!
Dana already told you, drop him a PM and he will advise.

Glenn

Bullitt01 11-29-2008 11:41 PM

Dana....do you sell them with the window already cut out and the clear windshield installed?

Dean

Bullitt01 11-29-2008 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul M

You will not be dissappointed. Dana, makes a very nice hull. It's easy to make one look purty:D
Paul, what is your wing from (off of...you get what im trying to say)

Thanks, Dean

Paul M 11-30-2008 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dean, I scratched the wing and the windshield.

The wing is made from arrows and a few ribs from a piper cub, but you could make something out of solid balsa easier. The supports are arrows wrapped with chrome vinyl.

The lip of the windshield is made 6 oz cf molded to the inside of the capsule. The windscreen itself is 3 mm polycarb molded over a plaster mold of the inside of the capsule.

Here's a couple pics.

Dana W 11-30-2008 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in the process of making a wing for my DaVette . I went to my local hobby shop and told an employee what I was after and he handed me a broken carbon fiber helicopter blade . I told him that would work great . The blade is all carbon with a foam core . I cut the blade at 10" and removed 3" of foam on each end . I then made some sheet fiberglass and cut it to the shape I wanted for the ends . I installed two screws , those will be my anchors . I filled each end ( one at a time ) with 5 min. epoxy and placed my end caps on until it hardened . The reason I filled 3" on each end of the blade is because when I install the mounting brackets I wanted the wing pretty solid in that area .

Bullitt01 11-30-2008 09:15 AM

Thanks guys, both of the wings look great!

Dean

stuch 11-30-2008 09:17 AM

nice

Paul M 11-30-2008 09:40 AM

Dana's is by far the easiest and looks as good if not better than mine, but being an old airplane guy that was the first way I thought of:D

Dana W 12-06-2008 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I now have the wing & frame work rough in . Now I'll paint it and polish up the alum.

blownjet 468 12-06-2008 02:32 PM

Thanks for the PM. Dana on ordering info. My wife was looking over my shoulder the other day,(read post) and shut down my purchase untill after christmas!! (got 2 kids ya know, besides me) so gotta spend $$ on them!! WILL BE ORDERING BOAT FROM YOU FIRST THING BEGINNING OF JANUARY!!!(Wife looking over shoulder again!) got the OK FROM THE BOSS !!not flaking out, thanks again, C.E. (PS.- CHECK OUT pics of my other toy in the rc vids/pics section under attatchments in profile)

Dana W 12-06-2008 04:26 PM

No problem C.E.

Paul M 12-06-2008 06:56 PM

looks awesome Dana especially after the aluminum is polished.

Dana W 12-06-2008 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done and ready to take her out again .

Paul M 12-07-2008 09:57 AM

Love it. Be interesting to see what effect it has on performance. I never ran mine with the wing.

blownjet 468 12-30-2008 10:03 AM

I'm a happy camper, Dana will be shipping my TAF hull today, also have a new Zenoah 260PUM & A set of Gen II motor mounts from TOPSECRETBOATS on the way. Next purchase should be hardware- what kind of radio/servo box have you guys used? I also picked up a NIB futaba 3pk radio, fm w/ the fast (digital) reciever. from a LHS that was going out of business for $140.00, and a futaba digital servo -marked $79.00 for 27.00should this radio/rec. combo work in my app? it sure has alot of functions that I know I'll never use (maybe 3rd channel cav plate?) & (of coarse it's not a 2.4g) but I figured I couldn't pass it up for the price! Also, do I need to run one of the larger size 1/4 scale servos for my rudder? do they make them in digital, and are they spendy?

Paul M 12-30-2008 09:20 PM

I used a WHH box on mine. But the Hammond boxes are nice as well. Looks like you got some good deals. You can use a 1/4 scale or a high torque. These guys have some good prices on servos http://servocity.com/index.html

Have fun and post pics of your build:D

blownjet 468 12-30-2008 09:42 PM

Thanks for that info Paul, I already hit Dana up on buying from WHH, seems like Tony is a good guy to deal with, and he sounds like he really knows the ins & outs of the '' GAS BOAT WORLD'' . BTW, LOVE YOUR BOAT!! It's my favorite color! , don't worry though, I'm gonna paint mine as close as I can get to my full size toy-minus the capsule of coarse! love the lexan windshield in yours, why don't you fab up a few extras & sell them, I'd be first in line! could handle the install, not too sure about forming the actual window though, I'll be sure and post some pics of the build tho' I'll even set it on the deck of the "blownjet" for some comparison shots!CE