RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Herzog Mono just finished (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/8523751-herzog-mono-just-finished.html)

V8Rider 02-27-2009 07:49 AM

Herzog Mono just finished

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished building this Herzog "Hurricaine" Mono. It has a slightly modded 27cc Sikk engine in it.
Can't wait for the pond to thaw out!

Dana W 02-27-2009 07:58 AM

RE: Herzog Mono just finished

Nice job , very clean . Are you going to put a turn fin on it ?

Dreamin Hemi 02-27-2009 08:02 AM

Indeed, very nice.....what kind of paint did you use? Almost appears to be a green candy over silver.

Paul M 02-27-2009 08:07 AM

Looks awsome. We have a card table just like that:D

V8Rider 02-27-2009 11:39 AM

Dana,
I am going to run the boat first and then decide if it needs a turn fin or not.

Rick

V8Rider 02-27-2009 11:42 AM

Dreamin,
Thank you. I'm not sure about the paint. A friend painted it. All I can say is it is a crazy color. Lots of metalic in it. It really lights up in the sunlight.

Rick

V8Rider 02-27-2009 11:47 AM

Paul,
Too funny!! That is NOT a card table. It is a portable padded work surface designed specificly for the building, repair, and maintenance of model boats!

Rick

Justaddwata 02-27-2009 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: V8Rider
That is NOT a card table. It is a portable padded work surface designed specificly for the building, repair, and maintenance of model boats!
And is also handy for playing cards :)

Boat looks sweet. Who did the paint? someone local - love the color - I was wandering when Hertzog started doing metalic gel coats.

I have a hurricane that was a blast (until I parked it at top speed). Have to get a cowl for her and get her to the pond this year.

V8Rider 03-01-2009 09:19 AM

Thank you. A good friend did the paint. It is not gelcoat. It is all paint. The metallic green was custom mixed. It really jumps out at you in the sun light! The artwork was done by another friend that is a custom painter. He is local and goes by "AFD" Air Force Design. His website is www.brocko.com check it out.

Rick

PS Roger Williams Park was thawed out yesterday so four of us went boating! I got to try out the Hurricain and was pretty impressed! It ran very well. A little strut adjustment and ride attitude was perfect! I didn't gps it yet but it was keeping up with a cat that runs consistant 58-59 mph!

budman10 03-01-2009 09:33 PM

looks awsome love the color got ta love the hurracane

V8Rider 03-02-2009 08:24 AM

Someone asked if I was going to put a turn fin on the boat. I said I would try it without first. Well I got to try it this past Saturday and it turns very well in both directions without any turn fins. So I think I will leave well enough alone unless I see a need in different water conditions.

Rick

martno1fan 03-02-2009 08:38 AM

Really nice boat and paintjob only thing i notice about the paint job is the pic of the tornado on the bow you did know its not a hurricane right ;) just kidding .You might find the boat turns well without turn fins but come race day or rough water turn fins will stop you spinning out just my £0.99 .The trim tabs on the other hand i dont think you need those to be honest.
Mart

V8Rider 03-02-2009 10:54 AM

Yeah, I know. Tornado, Hurricane same thing!! I think you are probably right about the turn fin. I just want to run it some more and get the feel for it. If it spins out, I'll know why.
Thanks,
Rick