RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   My new 58" apache style hull (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/9702768-my-new-58%22-apache-style-hull.html)

martno1fan 05-01-2010 03:37 PM

My new 58" apache style hull

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the Apache style hull ive been working on for some time,this is from my own moulds i built myself.Shes 58" long 15 1/2" wide,im working on a cpl different hatch styles also.Let me know what you think of her.This ones getting a modded zen for now but eventually ill be doing one with twins.Still trying to come up with a good name for this one ?.
Mart

rcguy1411 05-01-2010 04:18 PM

RE: My new 58

verry nice work you are a verry talented builder look forward to the build pic s and vidio of it running hwar does the hull weight i have a 57" capricorn hull that weighs a ton but is a fun wave crasher

cheesewizz69 05-01-2010 04:26 PM

Just got back from the lake and found your post. Looks like another outstanding build Mart.:D:D

In keeping with the theme how does Navaho sound?

martno1fan 05-01-2010 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The hull as it is now with transom wood and rails fitted is 11.6 lb ,shes one layer of 350 csm with one layer of 450 biaxial cloth and the rear 3rd of the hull has carbon fibre heres a cpl of pics of the buildup.Thanks for the compliments its much appreciated.
Mart

martno1fan 05-01-2010 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

Just got back from the lake and found your post. Looks like another outstanding build Mart.:D:D

In keeping with the theme how does Navaho sound?
Hi Leo thanks mate,yea navaho is a good name will think about that one,i was thinking up names and its not easy.I wanna keep the theme as you say but want something new also.How do you like the deck with the single rib down the centre rather than the usual 3 ?.This is actually the second hull out of the moulds the first i did with 3 ribs this one i chose to do different.Will be making up a new mould so i can offer both options.
Mart
heres a pic of the two styles together

cheesewizz69 05-01-2010 06:14 PM

I like the idea of giving folks two options for the deck. They can build them like an Apache or a Cigarette. On Sunday we will have our second club race of the year. I hope some of the other guy have their Apaches ready.

nooh 05-01-2010 06:39 PM

Oi Mart, How u doing my Friend, Your Apache Looks fantastic m8 you done a Great job on them, like the British flag also and looking forward to see you get one wet.
Take care m8.... Henry.

apache 1 05-01-2010 10:12 PM

Really nice hulls. I like the original 3 ribbed deck but its nice you're giving an option.
As far as names go , how about Warrior ,or Brave.

martno1fan 05-02-2010 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: nooh

Oi Mart, How u doing my Friend, Your Apache Looks fantastic m8 you done a Great job on them, like the British flag also and looking forward to see you get one wet.
Take care m8.... Henry.
Hi Henry im good m8 glad you like her,should get this one wet after our hols so gimme about 4 to 5 weeks and ill get some video of her running.Shes a tad lower than some ive seen maybe an inch,hopefully that will help speed without changing her rough water handling.I have a guy picking one up with a standard style deck next week,hope to get some video of that one running in the new offshore racing asosiation events in the coming weeks as hes intending racing it.
Mart

martno1fan 05-02-2010 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

I like the idea of giving folks two options for the deck. They can build them like an Apache or a Cigarette. On Sunday we will have our second club race of the year. I hope some of the other guy have their Apaches ready.
Dont forget the video camera Leo ,be good to see them racing.Im sure you will give them a run for there money ;).
Mart

martno1fan 05-02-2010 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: apache 1

Really nice hulls. I like the original 3 ribbed deck but its nice you're giving an option.
As far as names go , how about Warrior ,or Brave.
Thanks mate,yea i think offering two styles is the way to go some like one some the other.The big advantage of the one in the pics with the decals is the deck is such a big blank canvas for applying your own finnishing touches be it decals ,paint or airbrushing a design etc.So far im liking Navaho but still thinking lol.
Mart

apache 56 05-02-2010 09:00 AM

its just a apache so just call it a apache , it looks like 99% of the other apaches so just call it an apache. if you did start for scratch and make the complete plug well good work looks nice but if its just a coppy and streched an inch or two will just call it an apache ..:)

martno1fan 05-02-2010 10:56 AM

Well all Apaches, cigarette hulls look very similar because they are based on the real designs by Don Aronow.Thats where the similarity ends because i believe my hull is layed up better than the mass produced ones ive seen but lets leave it at that ;).Im going to start fitting this one out through the week as i want it ready to run for when we get back from our holls.Will post pics of the progress as i go.
Mart

apache 1 05-02-2010 08:56 PM

Don't want to beat this name thing over the head to much but , these look nice and should be named accordingly. Calling an apache anything else seems wrong to me. It looks like an apache longbow. An apache navaho just isn't write. Its kinda like a chevrolet ford or a jaguar fiat. Your hull with the single vein could be called a navaho with model names for the different hatches and perhaps sizes you intend.
example: Navaho brave
" windwalker
Apache longbow
" warrior
Hope you don't mind my opinion. By the way it looks like you're endeavouring to keep the weight down and the strength up wich is aplaudible. I'm stripping my 57in capricorn apache down later this week and I'll put it on the scale to give you a comparison.

JCAustralia 05-02-2010 10:55 PM

Mart

Why not start a naming competition and give the winner something? WHH did that with the Silex and I think a guy from Malta won the 2nd production Silex signed by Tony.......

Just an idea.....

Cheers

JC

martno1fan 05-03-2010 02:16 AM

Hi nope dont mind your opinions at all,the idea was to call the one with the single rib the Navaho.The one with the standard style deck could be called Waverider Apache so the two designs dont get mixed up .Both will have the name waverider in front like my other hulls;).
Thanks for the idea JC id be happy to do that if i could afford to but been a one man band and only part time i just cant stretch to giving away boats.Ive allready done a deal on the first one so the guy can race one and advertise them for me.
Mart

Ultimate48 05-03-2010 04:36 PM

Very nice work, to bad you are so far way it would be nice to have one of the hulls.

ByronRC 05-03-2010 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Ultimate48

Very nice work, to bad you are so far way it would be nice to have one of the hulls.

Isn't that the truth? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how much it would cost to ship to the states.[sm=71_71.gif]

martno1fan 05-04-2010 01:44 AM

At the moment the price of shipping is arround the same price as the hull to the states,real deal breaker i know.Once you go over 50" they sting you big time [:o].If i find a cheaper way to send em ill be sure to let you know.
Mart

MrMikeG 05-04-2010 04:07 AM

Get a distributor, stand them up on a pallet and ship 9 or so at once, probably the same price as sending one fed-ex

martno1fan 05-04-2010 05:23 AM

I might look into that Mike cheers.
Mart

isola_d_elba2007 05-04-2010 07:21 AM

What's the prise of this hull?

martno1fan 05-04-2010 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: isola_d_elba2007

What's the prise of this hull?
Hi mate im not allowed to say on here .
Mart

ByronRC 05-04-2010 11:50 PM

Took a look at your site Mart. Very impressed. I know if I were to ever get an Apache I would want one like yours.:D

martno1fan 05-05-2010 02:00 AM

Thanks for the compliment its good to hear things like that.
Mart