RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/9797887-gas-f1-inboard-tunnel-hulls.html)

Body Guard 02-18-2011 06:30 AM

RE: GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS

Hey Mart,

I wonder if the inboard F1 would be classified as an F1 if we use that steerable strut as shown. ?

Thanks for sharing. Just gives me ideas lol.

Rgds.

Latiff

GEORGY 02-18-2011 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hulls designed for Outboard can de a challenge to convert to I/Board. My hull was set up as a K&B 80 O/B in it's 1st life. Space is at a premium & having ignored Dominic's good advice I came up with this mounting set-up. It may be of some use to other conversions like the ILLUSION etc.

martno1fan 02-18-2011 07:34 AM

THATS life Dom :)

martno1fan 02-18-2011 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Hey Mart,

I wonder if the inboard F1 would be classified as an F1 if we use that steerable strut as shown. ?

Thanks for sharing. Just gives me ideas lol.

Rgds.

Latiff
I posted it as i think something similar would be easy enough to make yourself,anyone with a shop could knock something up in no time im sure but for the cost of them sureley one would be worth a try.Ill bet those Arrowshark ones will not work for long if at all,waste of money if you ask me.Keep it simple i say,i will give one a go when i get round to building a tunnel ;).

MTK 02-18-2011 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: YPC

Hi Daz

The world of manufacture's could do with more folk like you LOL.

BUT - as you say- ''I think there is enough past exsperience to acknowledge that' it sure looks good'- but- could in no way beat the simplistic cost and performance of a regular strut and rudder.

Some things are just made to look good !

Regards Dominic

Where do you guys get the wrap to center header manifolds for the large gas engines?

Thanks

apache 56 02-19-2011 07:40 PM

the boat over here that may be changed to the outdrive leg will be a mhz leg, the owner of the leg keeps it in good condition always changing the oil. etc... and its been ran in another boat quit a bit... yes maybe the arowshark wont last(looking at previose copyed parts) or maybe it will if looked after well.....

...it is a hobby and hobbys are for coming up with things out of the square so to speak..and if it works it works and if it dont it dont .
just give it a go ...seems funny when one person tells all of the people what to buy or not to buy.or like to think there product is best. and makes jokes at anyone trying to go the extra and have a go at somthing diffrent. the more difrent idears and spending some $$ makes it all a better hobby for all.. if people like to spend $$ experimenting . and it can work i say go for it....
if your worryed about spending $money your in the wrong hobby and maybe should take up knitting blankets....;)

YPC 02-19-2011 11:12 PM

Hi Apache

Thanks for the info- good 'solid' points you mention !
You are right - Others can spend there money as they wish !
Sorry if I seemed to 'get your goat'
Daz and I - I believe- are just having some fun (banter)

I have however recently designed a simple 'Inboard Outdrive' of our own (with some very unique features) and completeing the testing for it to be raced/launched at our coming Nationals.
As Hesco states - It should be steered by the 'THUST LINE' to be a legitimate F1 - we are working towards it !
I DONT believe our products are the 'best' or indistructable - perhaps I come across to pasionately.

I have huge respect for ALL who contibute toward this wonderful SPORT (its not a hobby for me) and sincerely appologise if I offended anyone in our more recent posts.

Thanks for the input

regards
Dominic(YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

PS - maybe Knitting would be a good HOBBY to consider - LOL

MTK 02-20-2011 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: MTK

Hi Daz

The world of manufacture's could do with more folk like you LOL.

BUT - as you say- ''I think there is enough past exsperience to acknowledge that' it sure looks good'- but- could in no way beat the simplistic cost and performance of a regular strut and rudder.

Some things are just made to look good !

Regards Dominic

Where do you guys get the wrap to center header manifolds for the large gas engines?

Thanks
I will ask again....Where do you guys get the wrap to center header manifolds for the large gas engines?

Thanks

GEORGY 02-20-2011 11:27 AM

headers are from TFL i think. I have custom made some before using stainless elbows and self turned top-hats. Material a bit thicker so they maintain heat longer, which to me is bad. Lots of heat soaking into the one side of the head when you come off the water.

YPC 02-20-2011 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi MTK and George

Most hobby shops/ Web sites into GAS boats will most certainly stock the standard Wrap To Centre. WTC manifold
We have found that the required tuned lenth is not achieveable with the Standard unit ,and as George- we make ours up using S/S elbows.
Cant say that the considered ' heat retention' you mention George has been an issue. We have run these on Inboards and outboards with no issues.
The' incorrect' pipe length could increase heat- generating even more Heat build up due to a lean motor.
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

F1madness 02-21-2011 01:48 AM

Hey guys
@ apache if i read it right,thanks,nice to know somebody thinks along the same sortta lines as me
@ Dom i appreciate everything you say and the comments of others.
Iv only been designing and building boats a short time really,1 member on here knows that.
So far iv had good sucess at electric,but theres alot of room for improvement, iv always been a true petrol head at heart LOL,and new to it in the rc marine side
Dom i havnt taken anything the wrong way and i dont offend easily,but i like to be different and try new things and move forward from there, dont get me wrong im not loaded and i have to scrimp and save but i get there in the end because i never give up.
I joined this forum cos theres alot of guys who i consider a friendly bunch of chaps who are into the F1's whether it be for race or just pure fun of driving on edge.
Iv learned alot just from being on here and still have alot to learn and take all comments into consideration thats how we learn but we also learn from our mistakes thats apart of life.
I posted that pic of the outdrive as its the 1st 1 of seen and thought it would be great sitting on the back of an F1 inboard after reading and seeing the caudwell F1h2o and the way it looks like the future of F1 is going to go that way.
If someone does it 1st great,but we can learn from that,but how long have people like Latiff and yourself been building inboard F1 and have good strong,great handling hulls.
We can all learn from each other,probably me more than others on here LOL,but isnt that the idea of these forums,sharing info,having a laugh and meeting guys with the same interest,most of all having fun while doing it,isnt that what RC is about.
And i hate knitting,drop 1 , pearl 1 oooppppsss i dropped it out now LOL
Anyway guys have a good 1 and speak soon
Rgds Daz

Hi Apache

Thanks for the info- good 'solid' points you mention !
You are right - Others can spend there money as they wish !
Sorry if I seemed to 'get your goat'
Daz and I - I believe- are just having some fun (banter)

I have however recently designed a simple 'Inboard Outdrive' of our own (with some very unique features) and completeing the testing for it to be raced/launched at our coming Nationals.
As Hesco states - It should be steered by the 'THUST LINE' to be a legitimate F1 - we are working towards it !
I DONT believe our products are the 'best' or indistructable - perhaps I come across to pasionately.

I have huge respect for ALL who contibute toward this wonderful SPORT (its not a hobby for me) and sincerely appologise if I offended anyone in our more recent posts.

Thanks for the input

regards
Dominic(YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

PS - maybe Knitting would be a good HOBBY to consider - LOL

Body Guard 02-21-2011 06:28 AM

Hey Bud,
Same line of thinking as Apache here. After 30yrs of rc modelling which covers designing, building and racing, you get to meet all kinds in this hobby.
I had a fairly new guy telling me and giving me advice when I was running my new hull. I took no offence but just come back to the pond the next day and really show them how the new tunnel ran.
I let my tunnel performance do the talking LOL. I had a feeling that they know I'm getting back at them. But not really. I'm just that chuffed cos the new tunnel is performing better and better as I dial her in.
I enjoy myself here and if there is something worth contributing, don't mind putting it in here to share.

Rgds.

Latiff

Body Guard 02-21-2011 06:29 AM

Hey Bud,
Same line of thinking as Apache here. After 30yrs of rc modelling which covers designing, building and racing, you get to meet all kinds in this hobby.
I had a fairly new guy telling me and giving me advice when I was running my new hull. I took no offence but just come back to the pond the next day and really show them how the new tunnel ran.
I let my tunnel performance do the talking LOL. I had a feeling that they know I'm getting back at them. But not really. I'm just that chuffed cos the new tunnel is performing better and better as I dial her in.
I enjoy myself here and if there is something worth contributing, don't mind putting it in here to share.

Rgds.

Latiff

F1madness 02-21-2011 06:41 AM

Hi latiff how you doing.
As you know iv not been doing that long really and i dont think iv done to bad so far,but like i say im still learning and experimenting with the design.
Maybe 1 day ill build a hull to be competive as you guys and ill keep trying till i do LOL
Glad to hear/read that your new build is doing well and i take my hate off to you and dom and those alike as its not easy but im confident i can do it
Thanks latiff
Rgds Daz

ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Hey Bud,

Rgds.

Latiff

YPC 02-21-2011 09:37 AM

Hi Daz!

Appreciate your comments !

Lets put it all behind us now and get back on track - as you say - we are 'ALL' a good bunch of guys and thoroughly enjoying this thread.

Well its official - We are now running our very own "Inboard - Outboard" Drive unit.
We have mannaged to include the 'camber and trim' aspects - as with our new Outboard.
Our hull to date has run very well with the standard strut and rudder set up- but - with the new Outdrive unit- its back 'on the edge of Flight'
It feels just like the outboard.
Some how - It just looks right - it will also work well for those who like the outboard cowl scale look. And the cowl will actually move with the leg.

Not meaning to tease- I am as eager to present the photo's as I am sure you are to see them- but- we are doing things a bit different this time round - before we show the unit of - so we have to hold back for now.
I am sure it will be sorted by the month end.

Kind regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

F1madness 02-21-2011 09:52 AM

Hi Dom the way i see it theres nothing to forget,you were simply giving your opinions.
Anyway congrats on the unit and look forward to seeing the pics of this and the new leg
fancy making us wait though LOL
Rgds Daz

Hi Daz!

Appreciate your comments !

Lets put it all behind us now and get back on track - as you say - we are 'ALL' a good bunch of guys and thoroughly enjoying this thread.

Well its official - We are now running our very own "Inboard - Outboard" Drive unit.
We have mannaged to include the 'camber and trim' aspects - as with our new Outboard.
Our hull to date has run very well with the standard strut and rudder set up- but - with the new Outdrive unit- its back 'on the edge of Flight'
It feels just like the outboard.
Some how - It just looks right - it will also work well for those who like the outboard cowl scale look. And the cowl will actually move with the leg.

Not meaning to tease- I am as eager to present the photo's as I am sure you are to see them- but- we are doing things a bit different this time round - before we show the unit of - so we have to hold back for now.
I am sure it will be sorted by the month end.

Kind regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Body Guard 02-22-2011 03:52 AM

Hey Dom.
Congrats on the new IB/OB unit.
I'm inclined to put the tune pipe inside the hull going forward and exit under the center pod like I've done before, when I put in the IB/OB drive. Perhaps my wtc will also help keep a clean look
on the rear cowling as well as reduce the air drag when using external pipe. Just pooling my ideas while waiting for arrival of the goodies.

Best Rgds.

Latiff

YPC 02-22-2011 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Latiff

Thanks - I just had another fellow boater around - who just' Fell in Love' with it LOL
I had to check his bags on the way out LOL

I also like the "pipe forward idea" I have seen it done with good results- The problem comes in with the Servo controls -especially the steering rods- things get a bit difficult working around the motor.
You will also need a pipe with a centre bleed to project the stinger down.
Our custome 'Centre bleed' Pipe will work well (ie be tucked away) if we extend our cowling at the back
At the moment I am running a Standard TFL S/S pipe- It also works very well and has a nice sound to it.

Kind regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

GEORGY 02-25-2011 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out the clip of my YPC inboard F1 running with mild mod ZEN & only x460 Octura... needs more testing and setting-up to get more pace but stability is awesome!
How'sthat beautiful water. Trout farm at 2400m altitude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Gd5jwJIgY

YPC 02-25-2011 11:18 AM

Hi George

Thanks so much for posting that clip - its always great to SEE a boat in action !
As you say - it turns on rails.

If you had not mentioned the altitude - I would have thought you were on the coats - well done on your efforts - they have really paid off.
Since my Dad passed away, I have not been able to do much filming of my tests (Stilll cant drive and film) LOL
My 4 year old, Jensen still has camera shake.

Anyway - tomorrow I will be presenting both the new 'Enigma" INBOARD and OUTBOARD drives at our club practice day - so hopefully I will get one of the guys to try there hand at capturing some film.

Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Perfomance Craft

arraiano 02-27-2011 04:35 AM

Hello George,Daz,Dion,Dom,Latiff etc etc

Well,been away from here.
George these lake is the one near the airport?
I was checking it up no Google its still quiet big but your boat runs hell of a nice and it sounds great i went to put my Cat on the water(must do some more mods)there was a guy their with a Illution also liked the sound of the motor(it was one of Dom pipes)its was really something pity cant say the same for the boat.
Daz i see the weather is not helping you also the cold is back but at least can work the epoxy been a prob.needs heat.
Latiff dont forget what we talked about.

Regards

Joe Arraiano

Body Guard 02-27-2011 08:47 AM

Hi Joe ,
Good to hear from you and that you are doing well.
Not forgotten what we talk about. It's just that I am getting busier by the day to get the new premise ready and then start the actual job of producing boats LOL. And my race commentary season hasn't started yet which would need me to travel.
Will mail you as soon as I find some real time.

Rgds.

Latiff.

F1madness 02-28-2011 08:47 AM

Hey joe
How you doing
Iv not got any done on any of the builds for the last few days,feeling abit crook not ideal when doing epoxy etc and the weather quite cold again here dont help

Hi latiff hope all is well with yourself and your future plans.

Hi georgy nice vids,and really does handle and go well

Hiya Dom hows the the unit,did you manage to try it the weekend hope you had good results from it

Rgds Daz

ADY.G. 02-28-2011 01:14 PM

wow.

YPC 02-28-2011 10:00 PM

Hi Daz
We had a great day !
The Unit works very well- definitely brings even more life to the hull with Zero porpoiuse. The turning is also great - both left and right
I should have some video later in the week. A mate of mine captured some good footage on his digital video camera and will drop it of later in the week.
Hope the weather improves for you soon.
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft