Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

still looking for a .18 hydro hull

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

still looking for a .18 hydro hull

Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: still looking for a .18 hydro hull

This site has some small hydros Just found it next door. The $ are kinda up there.
http://www.bbyracing.com/nitrohydrohulls.asp
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
res3567

I am about to get an original Miss Vegas....brandnew still in the box from an uncle with too many toys....and I just noticed a lot of you guys run em without the tails...to me it makes the boat look incomplete....but I understand why....I was jus wondering if anyone considered the smaller fins on the UL 1...or something similar....
ORIGINAL: Hydro Rob

Its funny you mention the rear wing. I just saw a picture of 20 miss vegas' at a race, all with rear wings. At our last club race we had 8 vegas' and none of them had wings. We really dont have a fancy technical answer to that other than weight and one less thing to worry about while tunning the boat. For over 4 years now I cant remember anyone running a rear wing on a vegas at our pond, except for howard. He came to one of our races with a brand new out of the box duece and didn't take the time to remove the wing.

I have seen others try different things with the wings, airfoil wise, but never saw their results. Im sure that it works and can help aid the ride characteristics of the boat though.

If you have a vegas, try the different adjustments on the boat and report back! get video if you can.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
misshydro

I'm looking at getting that sport.11 war eagle hull from BBY racing. I'm a big unlimited fan and starting to like some rigger. That hull is two into one. rigger and unlimited into one. Ok I've been reading this thread and looks to be some heated issues going on. Guys just take a chill pill. Ok I went to the indymaster races in Hobart IN two weeks ago. As form what I saw,The JAE's did great there even on sunday when the waters where choppy. Even gooycheese protype rigger kicked butt there too. Both boat,sporthydro and rigger have there up's and down sides to them. If you want all out fast speeds the rigger is the one. Its light weight and less ride surface that makes them fast. But I'm not into driving speed demonds. Yes I like fast boats to the exstent in what I can handle. Ok as for the JAE kits. If you follow the instructions the boat will run very well. All kits arent perfict and needs very alittle work and some needs alot of work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89101.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	1508441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47907.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1508442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83002.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	203.1 KB