Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

K&B 3.5 Need help

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

K&B 3.5 Need help

Old 07-30-2003, 12:37 AM
rcnut1
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B 3.5 Need help

I have a K&B 3.5 with the gold carb. I am having trouble with it cutting off after about a 5 min run. Acts like it is running out of fuel but there is still fuel in the tank And it is not running hot have check that on it to. I have changed the fuel lines and the filter still cutting off. I can get it back to land and restart it runs great for about 5 mins and dies again. Anyone here had this trouble before with the K&B engine. O and i have opened the fuel valve up some on it also and it did not help it.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Check your fuel level in the tank when it dies. Sometimes after they get to a certain level they will go lean because possibly the tank is too low in the boat. You may need to install a hopper tank higher up closer to the level of the carb. I had a problem like this with my 7.5 tunnel, it would be fat until it got low on fuel then go lean especially at a race. Slow at the beginning then it would haul the mail the last 2 laps. I switched over to a fuel cell made by Grim Racer, Mike Zaborowski and the problem went away. He makes some really nice fuel cells, I would like to tear one apart to see what his secret is! His site: www.grimracer.com .
Old 08-05-2003, 12:22 AM
crafty1

Default Stalling

I hope you are running a nitro fuel intended for boats not planes, and possibly a 3 blade prop.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:27 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

If your engine is running hot, the hotter the engine gets while running the leaner it becomes, once it gets to lean it will shut down. If you can run it for a few minutes and try to get it back in to the dock and check your engine temp. To big of a prop. will also make it lean out. Bad bearings will also cause it to shut down after running for a little while. Try a smaller prop. to start with and see what happens.