Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Bud Hydro 1/12

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Bud Hydro 1/12

Old 08-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Cat500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Bud Hydro 1/12

Need some advise from the experienced guys here.

If I decide to keep the Pro Boat RTR Miss Bud hydro I would like to get some serious speed out of it. I installed my Octura Y535 prop and auto bailer today and have an idea for keeping water out of the turbine intake (where most of the water comes in). I can up the nitro % and get a little more power to my understanding. The pull string is broken on the stock Dynamite .15 and it losses all compression after if warms up for a while. The front spoiler is cracked from a really slow speed wreck and the throttle servo got wet (fubar'd).

I have 3 choices right now.

1)Repair the engine, hull, and by a new servo.
2)By an upgraded engine (O.S. Max .21) repair the hull and by a high speed servo for the steering, move the steering servo to throttle.
3)E-bay it as is and put the money towards something like a Super G with a gas engine.

Please help!!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Cat500

Not alot of replies
Old 08-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Mike Ferretti
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not real familiar with your boat, but you absolutely need a good amount of water going through the engine!!!! If it is not Water-cooled, in my opinion it is worthless. You must set the outlet of the cooling water to someplace on the boat where you can see, and verify the engine is getting a strong stream of water as it goes by you!!!!! You probably do need a high TORQUE servo for the steering, not a high speed servo. A 70 Oz. Servo should work well. If you think it needs a deflector to keep water from getting to the carb, by all means do it.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:01 AM
Mike Ferretti
My Feedback: (1)

One more thing dude, I think I saw your picture of your Boat. It sounds like you have water coming in at the spot that is the air intake of the tubine on the Full-Size??? If thats the case, go ahead and close it off, and let the engine draw air from the spot that is the exhaust on the full size. If it is not open make it so. Also do WHATEVER you think you have to do to make the area where your radio gear as water resistant as possible. If you get lucky and get your boat running faster, it should aslo run "dryer" on the water, that is, until you start flipping it. I'm guessing ait can only handle wave/ripple action of about 1 or 2 inches.........
Old 08-10-2003, 04:17 AM
Cat500

Your right on 2 count. Most of the water was coming in from around the turbine intake housing and it could only handle 1 or 2 in of wake.

I have sold it to another guy that alreaty has a Miss Bud. He has 2 to play with now. I hope he has lots of fun with them.

I'm going to switch to gas powered and I hope to find something in the 50 to 60 mph range. I have decided to build my own rig and make it as fast as possible with a G260. I have not decided on a cat or deep vee. I will update everyone when I pick something out.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:23 PM
K9gunner

I have this boat sitting in my hobby room, I cant keep water out of the haul, I cant get the engine tuned, and it makes a nice display! What a waiste of money. Is there any posts on here for getting the flaws out of the boat when it is out of the box? I am willing to put more time in it if anyone has new tricks for keeping it from sinking lol... thanks all,
Old 09-06-2003, 01:32 AM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

My buddy has one that just screams!!...he's not done anything special to his really..found that the stock prop does the best so far...grease your prop shaft!!!....go to your hardware store and get a aircleaner for a 5hp briggs and straton motor and cut the foam to fit in the opening on the cowl...it will help keep water out!!...install a remote switch http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...d=DUB203/101.0 and put a boot on it of your choice...He put his out the front of the radio box off to the right if the motor shaft ....so when u pull it you are pulling the switch towards the motor......that will help your water problems without the use of a auto bailer....also....toss your boat when you launch it....just a flat toss a 1" or 2 above the water just to get it going....dont throw it hard....just a mild toss while holding onto the canopy like anyother time you launch it....just sorta giving it a helping push....these boats seem to have a bad cavitating problem ...but once the get moving they really go!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
tgrits

Default RE: Miss Bud Hydro 1/12

i bounced my miss bud off of a concrete wall at the lake and need advice to repair one sponson i am sure i need to keep repair as light as possible to keep original balance.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
pilotrc2002
Banned
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Miss Bud Hydro 1/12

I have a Miss Llumar up for sell it has a os21 in it
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=92980
or you could buy the 15 size I have
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=91029
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65307.jpg