Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

okay i dont use rc boats but was just curious about this

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

okay i dont use rc boats but was just curious about this

Old 12-22-2010, 03:57 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay i dont use rc boats but was just curious about this

okay im into rc cars and im not going to get into rc boats but i just wanted to ask that in some boats, why is the exhaust on the bottom? won't it all just spread throughout the pond? sorry lol was just curious.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: okay i dont use rc boats but was just curious about this

Few items come to mind.. The pipe being closer to the water will help reduce the DB level. Thus helping us keep the ponds we can run in. Also, as with cars / trucks, you want the CG as low as possible. High CG will tend to allow the boat to roll over, ending up-side down.. Prop does no good when it's out of the water!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
electricrc68
Banned

oh okay i was just curious. i dont use nitro cars i use electric cars lol. but thanks i just wanted to know :P
Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

okay im into rc cars and im not going to get into rc boats but i just wanted to ask that in some boats, why is the exhaust on the bottom? won't it all just spread throughout the pond? sorry lol was just curious.
Spread what throughout the pond??
Old 12-23-2010, 08:02 PM
res3567

In my nitro boats....my exhaust piperuns parallal to the header and then out to the back of the boat.My exhaust comes out well above the water line. Whatnitro cars have you seenor come in contact with to ask why ourexhaust ison the bottom? Or better yet...what boat have you seen with the exhaust comming out on the bottom? Since you aint got no nitro car, I am curious tosee what you are talking about.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM
rc awesome

??? My nitro boat has a pipe that comes out the back above the water line, what type of boat are you takling about?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Know the questions weren't directed towards me, but here is an old AMPS T4 I once owned that has the exhaust coming out towards the prop.. In all my years of doing RC (started before the AE RC10 came out!), don't recall any other boat with the exhaust "in" the water.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 PM
toyotatruckin

?
won't it all just spread throughout the pond?
its ok if your talking about the pollution factor of things, I dont worry one bit about it, with all the fertilizers, weed killers, and run off from the roads and anything else around, what little our gas/nitro spits out- were actually just as ECO friendly as electric, seriously think about it dead packs are actually toxic so are some of the components of ESC etc- main thing is that nitro has noise when running it so that 75yr old grandma or the nosey neighbor that likes causing trouble (there is at least one in EVERY neighborhood in the USA) will hear ya running and have to complain about it...Facts of life-some people cant stand to see others have fun as their own lives are miserable!

Hurry someone call 911 mikes out having fun, WOOPS sorry no law against toys you cant ride on and again WOOPS noise ordnance dont kick in till 9pm -officer shook my hand and told me to have fun after hunting through every book in the trunk trying to find the law! was last year and yes I told wife to take pictures lol
Old 12-24-2010, 05:08 AM
res3567

Yea....we had the same issue last Sunday....some a*****e came up andtried to run us off withthe same crap...then, theHOA voted unanimously forus to run at the lakecause weexplained our boats areabout as loud as weedeaters, chainsaws....etc. Also, we explained that our boats don't pollute the lake like gas boats do. So we racing today. I just hope that guy don't come back and start trouble.
Mike,whatkinda truck is that?
Old 12-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: toyotatruckin

?
won't it all just spread throughout the pond?
its ok if your talking about the pollution factor of things, I dont worry one bit about it, with all the fertilizers, weed killers, and run off from the roads and anything else around, what little our gas/nitro spits out- were actually just as ECO friendly as electric, seriously think about it dead packs are actually toxic so are some of the components of ESC etc- main thing is that nitro has noise when running it so that 75yr old grandma or the nosey neighbor that likes causing trouble (there is at least one in EVERY neighborhood in the USA) will hear ya running and have to complain about it...Facts of life-some people cant stand to see others have fun as their own lives are miserable!

Hurry someone call 911 mikes out having fun, WOOPS sorry no law against toys you cant ride on and again WOOPS noise ordnance dont kick in till 9pm -officer shook my hand and told me to have fun after hunting through every book in the trunk trying to find the law! was last year and yes I told wife to take pictures lol
Toyota, You nailed it dead on. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Our biggest problem with pollution around here is fertilizers and run-off from pourly designed septic sytems. [X(]
Old 12-28-2010, 07:10 AM
amax

When your talking polution there's one thing about the Fuel we use in R\C that most don't relize.

Methanole which is "WOOD Alcohol" and Nitromethane are Very Inviromentaly Friendly because they Both Completly Disapate in water and air in a few days.

From Wikipedia
Methanol is produced naturally in the anaerobic metabolism of many varieties of bacteria, and is ubiquitous in the environment. As a result, there is a small fraction of methanol vapor in the atmosphere. Over the course of several days, atmospheric methanol is oxidized with the help of sunlight to carbon dioxide and water.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Blackout

Yup, I would rather have a little fuel spilled in my pond than a battery pack sitting at the bottom from a sunken boat....
Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
res3567

Don't remind me.....I'm gone get some chest wadders and try to get mine out of my backyard lake with a shovel........
ORIGINAL: Blackout

Yup, I would rather have a little fuel spilled in my pond than a battery pack sitting at the bottom from a sunken boat....
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Johnwhite84

"thread jack" what boat did you sink?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 AM
res3567

My first SV 27. Here is a link to the thread....post #1433

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_56...page_58/tm.htm