Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

You'll get a kick out of this! :)

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

You'll get a kick out of this! :)

Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 PM
TCHedOff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You'll get a kick out of this! :)

This is a link to a race from our club last summer of a lil .12 running against .21 hydros and winning.

I was there for the race (though I dont race this class) and when the driver won, everyone in the club including me cheered him for winning. It was a great race and shows the importance of a well-set up and well driven boat competing against more powerful but less well set up & driven boats.

This lil hydro is very close to being able to run with the best of our clubs .12 riggers!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9HEiOK8eE

Old 02-03-2011, 07:01 AM
amax

Default RE: You'll get a kick out of this! :)

NICE!! I Love to see The Underdog Win Especially When it's "Knowledge and Ability" Winning over "Dollars $$ and Displacement"[8D]
There is Definitely NO Substitute for Proper Set Up, and knowing What Your Boat Will,, and Won't Do,, is Everything... That's what Makes Champions[8D]
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

This is a link to a race from our club last summer of a lil .12 running against .21 hydros and winning.

I was there for the race (though I dont race this class) and when the driver won, everyone in the club including me cheered him for winning. It was a great race and shows the importance of a well-set up and well driven boat competing against more powerful but less well set up & driven boats.

This lil hydro is very close to being able to run with the best of our clubs .12 riggers!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9HEiOK8eE

I've been looking for MN R/C Boaters and havent seen many.. Good to see there are people up here running boats. Where was that race held? (pond?)
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM
coriolan

""At the Edina minn. club Bill W Senior wins a B hydro race with an A scale boat....""
Seems to be a 3.5cc/.21 (A) running against 7.5cc/.45 (B), still very impressive result and reward for good preparation and driving.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
kroggs

Todd who and what 12 was that??? And the second race on ther what was the streak of yellow that looked like a missle???? That was at Ricks Hobby Farm correct???
Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
kroggs

The club pond is off of cedar at nichols pond but due to flooding the championship race was moved..... check the club out http://www.tcmbc.org/
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
TCHedOff

The club's pond is south on Hwy 77 past the MOA @ 3 mi til you get to Hwy 13. Go East (to the left - tho you'll have to get in the right lane to catch the loop). Go the the 1st stop light. TL. Follow road til it comes to a "T"; TR and after you cross the RR tracks go about 50 yds and you'll find a fenced in pond. That is Nichol's pond and where we hold most races. We also race at a place in New Richmond called Rick's Hobby Farm; and do 1 race a yr at the Isanti County Fair. I love the particular event!!

Our club website is tcmbc.org and you can find directions, race schedule etc on there. We have about 25 or so club members but maybe 10-15 show up at any given race. Hope to meet you some time!

todd
Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
TCHedOff

Nope Coriolan its a .12 against .21's.

For reference, that shovelnose is about 18 inches long (maybe 20??)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 AM
TCHedOff

ORIGINAL: kroggs

Todd who and what 12 was that??? And the second race on ther what was the streak of yellow that looked like a missle???? That was at Ricks Hobby Farm correct???

That .12 shovelnose is a scratchbuilt boat by a guy named Chuck Geisen over in Green Bay. The thing is a work of art in person. He & the driver, Bill Sr are good friends and Chuck built it for him last winter. Bill's running some kind of car engine in the thing (dont remember the mfr).

Chuck has built a 2nd one of the .12 shovelnoses that I know of.

Yes, that particular race was at Rick's.

But I dont know what you're asking me about the "2nd race" and a "streak of yellow"??
Old 02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
kroggs

I was refering to the yellow boat that almost took the leader out!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

The club's pond is south on Hwy 77 past the MOA @ 3 mi til you get to Hwy 13. Go East (to the left - tho you'll have to get in the right lane to catch the loop). Go the the 1st stop light. TL. Follow road til it comes to a ''T''; TR and after you cross the RR tracks go about 50 yds and you'll find a fenced in pond. That is Nichol's pond and where we hold most races. We also race at a place in New Richmond called Rick's Hobby Farm; and do 1 race a yr at the Isanti County Fair. I love the particular event!!

Our club website is tcmbc.org and you can find directions, race schedule etc on there. We have about 25 or so club members but maybe 10-15 show up at any given race. Hope to meet you some time!

todd
I remember years ago seeing boats running down there but I hadn't seen any in awhile... You guys open to a hydro airboat class? lol. I'll have to come check the races out someday. I'll check the website. I've got a few other ponds I run my airboat at, but now with the hydro I'll need a bigger area to run thats as weed-free as possible.

Motivation to build yet another boat.. (my wife is starting to give me crap about how much time I spend working on my models.. )
Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I know Chuck and his wife. They drove over to attend one of my Fun Run's and his wife walked away with the door prize, an Aeromarine Cat. I've got shots of them I think over on my Photobucket account.
I've seen pix of Chuck shovelnose but this is the first time that I've seen it running.
Those .21's got owned!