Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas Sport 20 Pay'N Pak Build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dumas Sport 20 Pay'N Pak Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM
hydronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas Sport 20 Pay'N Pak Build

HJ, I got a X642 prop the other day. balancing and polishing now. That ought to be a little differant than the X442 I have been running.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I bet you all thought this thread had died. Been on several road trips, worked a heck of a lot of hours and, in general, have had no time to work on the boats. That's changing as I've got five boats going at once, four builds and one rework. I FINALLY managed to sand the bottom edge off the left sponson side so HOPEFULLY I'll be able to post some updated pictures by the weekend. I'd love to be able to show the first of the decks installed by Monday so, until then,
HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Hydro Junkie

I finally managed to get back to the Pak and a couple other projects. After mixing up a batch on West Systems 105/209 mix, I was able to do some assembly. The left sponson bottom is on and curing on the Pak as I beat on the keyboard. I also managed to get one side of the transom attached on my Executone build and refaced the transom of my fiberglass Muck hull, all shown in the pictures below
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48612.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1780761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90756.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1780762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32650.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1780763  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Hydro Junkie

And more boat building happened yesterday, just not on the Pak. [X(]
Since I installed the new transom face on the glass hull, I was able to fill in all the screw holes with a mix of West Systems 105/209 with added silica fibers. The addition of the silica makes the epoxy more structurally sound and less brittle than straight epoxy. I used the same mix to fill in the gaps between the deck and transom face as the original shape left a gap. I also attached the second sponson inside to the transom on the Executone. Didn't have the chance to take pictures of anything this time so, if I get the chance, I'll be working on all three again later today and hopefully get some pictures to post.