Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Mono Hulls

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:55 PM
avenge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mono Hulls

Has anyone used the monos from promise hobby ?? I was going to try and drop a .45 in one of their carbon fibre mono boats .... Any info and pics would be appreciated !!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
advanced builder

Default RE: Mono Hulls

Yes I got one, their more for electric. They don't have any room depth wise. Try HOR and look for a DEEP Vee. I have one of his also the trim tabs are good His stinger drive strut is also of good quality. http://www.horracing.com/
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 AM
siberianhusky

Just about all the electric guys add carbon fiber to the bottom or glue in rails, the cheap chinese boats are usually very thin layup, problems with gelcoat cracking, hull flex causing motor mounts to rip out, etc......
They run OK once you fix the problems, in my mind it's cheaper and easier to just buy a quality hull, by the time you pay shipping and do the upgrades it stops looking like such a deal.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM
advanced builder

I like wood myself. All fiberglass hulls are junk. North America /China /Japan. Just my 2 cents I did get a AC lighting cat for this year. Looks like a winner. I haven't gotten her wet yet.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
avenge

I also have an AC boat .... AC lazer to be exact ... I just wanted something different to run .. The design on the promise hobby mono boats look like Delta force knock offs ... I was just wondering how they were .. And thanks, quality wise they probably arent to parr with the others ...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
advanced builder

WE have a bunch of the AC lazer running at our club. The hole cost of our hobby has made a deal look fine. The Promise Hobby hull I have is for my Granddaughter a goof off hull. Got a .18 Go engine inside. like I said no room. My radio box is a Futaba servo case. Yes the plastic case ,servos are outside the radio box.