Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Equi tuned pipe

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Equi tuned pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
20tunnel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equi tuned pipe

I have not raced for 7 years or so, but back in the day the 20 tunnels either had exhaust throttles or equi tuned pipes. The equi was highly sought after ( i have 2) and very hard to aquire. My question is what are the go fast mods for 20 tunnel now a days? who makes the go fast yuned pipes today? i see funny little muflers on some outboards, have there been new rules put in place to run quiet?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Blackout

Default RE: Equi tuned pipe

Mufflers are the stock exhaust that are required in the sport 20 class.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There are still some mod's that can easily be done on the old workhorse K&B's. John Equi is still alive and kicking but I don't know if he's still making tuned pipes or not. One source for OB pipes is www.htbboats.com . The stock OB tunnel class has strict rules, in one sanctioning body they can be so anal that you can't even change out the silicone tubing for the water pick-up if somebody really wants to gripe! Mufflers aren't required in the stock class as although the engines can be over the dB limit, they are still allowed to race. Modded motors on the other hand do need to be under the 92 dB limit which usually needs a muffler to get it down to the max limit or below.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 AM
20tunnel

Any one running exhaust throttles?
I looked at the IMPBA world records and unless memory doesn't serve me well the top speeds on 20 tunnel have not increased by much at all?
IIRC the 20 i raced , Dumas hot shot, K&B with aftermarket exhaust throttle would run close to 50 mph in the straights (police radar gun). What are the current speeds of 20 tunnels, with all the advancements in engines, pipes, plugs, fuls, etc?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Blackout

Most run carbs these days.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
ob nut

Bob Kensill now owns and produces the Equi pipe. The most used pipe for 20's are from HTB, the Silver Bullet line. For the most part, ET's have not been used in many years. The development of the carbs have made ET's like the doo-doo bird.. The hot ticket for 20 tunnels are: Nova Rossi conversions mounted on either an OS or Lawless lower. For stock, the OS will out run a K&B anyday if set up properly. Mod 20's are hitting high 50's to low 60's.. Remember, the fast boat does not always win.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:45 AM
cru3rd

ob nut: im interest in the nova rossi conversion do you have any info on what motor it is and where and how to acqiure it thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM
kgibson4
My Feedback: (4)

Mark Leyde, "lights", over on Int'l Waters, I'm not sure if he's on here. In his signature:

Manufacture of Novarossi, Go and RB .21 OB conversion kits and Lightning .12 Outriggers.[/b][/i]
To order a TecnoPower or Go Engines and parts or a .21 Outboard conversion kit
Email [email protected][/b]