Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

avenger spider/ rigger

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

avenger spider/ rigger

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Fireproguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avenger spider/ rigger

I just got an Avenger spider and it was completely stripped. I have a motor andI just bought a spektrum radio. It has no hardware and this is my first retro fit. I have a shockwave 36 so I'm not a totally new boater.I 've never had an outrigger and I'm having trouble finding info on this boat. Anyone know about these??

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: avenger spider/ rigger

Just a little.
My ex brother-in-law has one, the .45 version. You're going to need some good transom hardware, my favorite parts are from Speedmaster, www.rossisales.com and the boat may have been set up using their parts so bolting it on would be the easy part.
Hopefully the Spektrum radio system came with a marine receiver. If it didn't, get one as their standard one doesn't work well at all on watercraft.
A Shockwave and an outrigger are two different animals as it took me a long time to get my first 'rigger. You can't just drop it in the water and go, they have to be launched then kept up to speed while running.
OK, how stripped is it? Got any shots? This will help us help you in getting that things that you're going to need.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:10 AM
advanced builder

You have NO low speed ,If you come off pipe you normally will stall. The steering trim is very very low. they turn on a dime. And you need some room,to drive one. The launch needs to be quick. Once you get rigger fever, no turning back.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Fireproguy

I looked at the speedmaster transom hardware and I am completely lost. There are so many. Everytime I go to the hobby shop and ask them they say "hobby up man" I do not have the money to try 3 or 4 of these to see which one works. When I said stripped, I mean it came with nothing but the hull. I now have a gas tank, engine, servos and radio. Should i get an outdrive and rudder combo?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm going to just assume that you're got the .45 version. Go with the flat-bottom strut. For the rudder, go down one size so you'd use a .21 rudder with the short bracket.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Blackout

Call up rossisales.com and tell them exactly what boat you have. They will need to know the size of boat (engine size). They will sell you what you need.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:54 AM
advanced builder

Did it come with a turn fin and bracket. If not you'll need one . Give David a call and tell him what you have. I got a nice one for my Miss Unlimited. And he will give you good advice.
http://cdrace1.com/default.aspx
Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Fireproguy

I put up some pix of my boats if you wanna check them out. The yellow rigger is what im trying to get running now. Im going to put up some more pix of my transom issues. i will also call rossisales and see what I can find out.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 AM
misshydro

if your needing a .45 rossi pm me I have one in greatshape not needing it..
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 AM
misshydro

If this the boat your talking about,that .32 dynamite will dynamite...That motor is to small for that size of hull. You wont get the speeds you want out of that hull.. you need a .45 engine in that hull...we just pickedup a gas version of that rigger..
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Fireproguy

Yes i am interested. Give me a price. Do you have other things that I might need for that boat? Like hardware, exhaust, motor mounts? All I need for my outboard boat is a radio box and I can hit the lake. The outboard was an inboard and has never been in the water. I'm not really sure what to expect out of that one.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
misshydro

this is a inboard and i do have a tune pipe.. might have strut and rudder too..ill look today..we re racing a gas advenger spider at the nats.. just payed for the hull on sat..got a MOD 27 SIKK FROM OUR FRIEND..
Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 AM
wilsonreef

And so the addiction has started!!!! good luck with your boat. I recently built my first outrigger ( a version of the "firefighter outrigger), that I changed some things up on. The first time I tried to run the boat, (not knowing) I launched the boat and started out like I do my Vee Bottom. Wrong, it looked like a bulldozer trying to push water! I brought it back in and called a friend of mine that told me basically when it hits the water (launch) it needs to be going fast. It has to get up on the water like a skier. It cannot start out slow. These boats I've found out are good for all out racing, and the water must be very smooth. They don't do good in rough water at all. Still a lot of fun, and probably my favorite. My boat is about 48" long and is powered by a OPS 90 engine. these engines are great, just can't find anyone in the US that sells them anymore. As for the hardware, I used Aeromarine Laminates, Remy Haynes is awesome to help you with your questions. You can visit the web site http://www.aeromarinerc.com/. and check out their stuff.

Carl
Old 01-02-2012, 09:54 PM
p45

Old post, but I might know something about your boat. I have a .45 version. If you want, I can get the measurmenst from mine to see really what size you have. I will check tomorrow what hardware I am running. I ran same hardware the manufacturer used. Let me know if i can help. BTW where did you get the boat from?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
unclecrash

Here are the setup sheet for the cobra. My understanding is there were three boats I have the cobra the spider someone told me the cowl is just narrower.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sf38084.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1709127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94467.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1709128  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
unclecrash

I can see from your picture the rudder bolts to the rear shoe and transom like mine does. I have three hulls a .67 and two .90 size. I didn't know they made a gas version. I sat a gasser in my biggest hull and it looked like it would be top heavy and a bear to mount. I think miss hydro's is a mod someone did. I could be wrong but the three or four sizes I have heard of are nitro hulls. Oh I only have 2 I sold a friends kid my 67 hull Good luck finding the parts that come off the hull. You might wind up sealing some holes up and remounting your hardware by using the setup sheets. And mounting acording to the hull size you have. The sheets show the setup for all the different size hulls. Here is a link to my build of the .90 [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10499572&key=[/link] AH SHIZ might been wasting my time here!![:-]