Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

7.5 k&b outboard mods

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

7.5 k&b outboard mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM
crazyrick69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.5 k&b outboard mods

I just started out in boats and i have a prather lapcat 2 its a beautiful boat and it goes ok about 40-45 mph the guys at the lake seem to keep speed to themselves they say my boat is fast but I dont .I use to race pylon planes and due to illness I cant anymore I would be thakful for any ideas our forum on rc canada sucks they are all into rtr boats.thanks for reading and please send me in the right direction

Old 09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
rcguy1411

Default RE: 7.5 k&b outboard mods

i have a simmilar hull 45 is a good speed for that hull (alot better hulls on the market now)there are the normal mods you can do add a pipe play with props mod the sleave also play with the engine hight and trim to get alittle more
Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Find someone that can do some work on the sleeve as there aren't too many people doing work on these any more.
If it hasn't got a tuned pipe, there's this one: http://htbboats.com/45%20silver%20Bullet.htm . Look up 707 Specialties as he's still doing work with the K&B OB's.
Maybe one of these days those RTR guys will try to build a boat themselves and find out what they've been missing. I've got nothing against them as they do have their place but after a while they should know what goes where. Yes, the Prather hulls are a good 20 or more years outdated but manufacturers aren't scrambling anymore to come out with new ones. Anything over .21's in OB's are a dying breed.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Blackout

If you get the 7.5 outboard running good and are looking for an up-to-date hull, Vision Craft has a 7.5 cc size that runs good.