Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

new to boats

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
miamibanshee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to boats

hey guys im new to boats as in i have never owned one but i am looking into buying one. the one that has caught my eye is the AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas Deuce Hydroplane 2.4GHz RTR but i am not sure if this is fast i want to buy a fast boat around the same price in can be a v-hull as well but i want it to beRTR can any of you guy point me in the right direction
Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Blackout

Default RE: new to boats

What do you consider fast? Another option is to buy a used .21 or .45 nitro RTR boat that was built by someone else. Some times they are even sold with radio.

Check out the Intlwaters for sale forum or here. Do a search.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

If you're new to boats, the Vegas will be plenty fast to begin with. The nice part is, while you learn the ins and outs of boating with the Vegas, you can be working on a bigger and faster boat to move up to
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
toyotatruckin

at the price your looking at you will be EXTREMELY lucky to find a good used 21 size hydro that isnt a POS, the vegas deuce is a great starter boat and is decent in speed, you can always mod the boat later and gain more speed, thats your best bet in nitro. A decent used 21 hydro ready to run (usually less radio) will run 350 on the low end on up, and being new to boats buying someone elses handy work may not be the best thing, just my advice
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Agreed, I couldn't sell my sport 20 RTR for under $500 WITHOUT THE RADIO. The cost of materials, hardware and my time redesigning, building it and machining parts as required is considerably more than that while the radio, a Futaba 9CAP, would cost more than that to replace by itself
Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 AM
amax

Yep I gotta agree with TT and HJ,, for a First Time boater the RTR's are Plenty Fast and the easiest/Cheapest way to get into R\C boating. BUT don't get To Attached to em,, thier built to be Disposable Starter boats. I would recomend a Mono/V Hull for a First Boat there much easier to set up and drive than a Hydro is. When the rtr get's Wore Out or To Slow, you will either be ready to spend the money on a "Real" fast R\C Boat or Board with it[:-]