Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

OPS 90 head shim

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

OPS 90 head shim

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Nightow1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPS 90 head shim

Ok I was browsing a few old post and found a post on engine tuning. somewhere in the post it had said to check the head that the glow plug goes in to and make sure there was no major discoloration. So I did I found that mine was indeed brand new and had never run. My problem is that the head ship came out. I looked on line and found out the right way to put it back in. My problem is when it fell out i noticed it had a slight bevel to it on one side, everything I saw showed just a flat piece of metal. I installed it then took it back out to check it now it seems to be flat??????????????????? I'm lost. I dont want to test the engine and screw it up.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPS 90 head shim

You should be fine. A similar thing happened to me with my O.S. 21 XM. I had pulled the head shim and a month later decided to put it back in. During storage the shim developed a "wave". I installed the shim and ran the engine through several tanks. Everything worked fine.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OPS 90 head shim

Make sure you torque the head bolts down evenly and tight......