Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Shockwave 36 fuel

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Shockwave 36 fuel

Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Mr3Putt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave 36 fuel

I recently acquired a Shockwave 36 and would like to know what % nitro and which brand works best.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 AM
amax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockwave 36 fuel

If your just Playin you Can run just about any R\C Nitro Fuel. The Higher the Nitro% in the Fuel the more Kick it has.[>:]
I would recommend you run 30% or Better.
You will hear Many Mixed Opinions on OIL%,,,, You Can run anywhere from 12% and UP. More Oil,, More Lube in the engine,, More Forgiving of amateur tunning mistakes,, Longer engine Life etc..
Less Oil= Less Lube, shorter engine life, better tunning skills,, BUT,, More Power\Performance.

I wold recommend you go to your Local Hobby Shop and see what they have. Start with something around the 30% Nitro 18% Oil range and go from there. And some HOT Glow Plugs, You will need to keep Plenty extras on hand. I generally try to keep about a Half Dozen of each Heat range I intend to use In my Track Box.