Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

new to the forum and gas boats

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

new to the forum and gas boats

Old 09-01-2003, 09:41 PM
bad21tmaxxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum and gas boats

i would start off by saying hello to everyone im new to the forums. i have wanted to get into rc boats for awhile now. i have 7 rc cars and needed to get ride of some of them before i got a boat. i found 2 deepvees that a guy is willing to trade for some of my losi buggies. one of the boats is 32 and the other is 38. both are new hulls with out drives and the 38 has a john deere 23 cc engine in it. what kind of speed and performance can i expect out of this. like i said im really new to the rc boat sceen.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A lot would depend on what has been done to the motors. you could be looking at the 25-50 MPH range depending on what has been done. Rich Ballantine did some work with them but I don't know if he still does. These hulls sound a little small for a Gas motor. Most are in the 45" and up area.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

With the specs you're giving, I'd agree with Ron.

You can't go wrong with the gas either. If you can operate a string trimmer, you've got the hard part licked.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:19 AM
NitroEvolution

Small hulls,ie. Less than 40 in. Are a bit top heavy with a weed wacker engine installed.Example, I just completed my first such boat. It is a Dumas Skater with a 30 cc Homelite. Octura Strut and rudder and teflon lined stuffing tube.In current configuration it has been radar and gps timed to run at a max of 43MPH.Turning is a bit of a challenge though. I have found that a mild reduction in throtle prior to a turn and gradually excellerating through the turn to 80 % power at the exit.Works very well for this small catamaran hull.

Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I.