Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Help me identify it.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Help me identify it.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
paradoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me identify it.

Hello everyone, new to the forum.

My uncle gave me this boat, but im not sure which brand is it, I think is a 1/12 but im not sure. It has missing the wing and the engine cover. Have no clue where to find this.

I found [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001995334&I=LXMMZ0&P=K]this[/link] "Miss Vegas" boat wing that im thinking of buying to make it fit but im not quite sure about it.

Im not sure about the brand, tried to search any mark but I couldnt find any. The engine is a TTR, that is why I think is a Thunder Tiger, but I have no clue about the background of this boat. It´s complete with hitec servos and receiver, analog system though.

Some images of it:

Any help identifying it would be perfect and were to get old stock parts too!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Help me identify it.

It's a MRP (Model Racing Products) Miss Bud from the mid-to-late 90's. Most were electric powered with twin motors to a gearbox and dual 6- or 7-cell Ni-Cad packs. In their nitro boats, they used ASP engines, around a .16 size.
MRP at that time was the only RC boat company that I know of that was licensed to use any Anheuser-Busch logos as they paid a royalty for its use. The royalties went to charities of their choice, usually something for kids.
OK, maybe too much info but background on it.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM
paradoxx

There is never too much info, as I said, I had no idea about it and this is cool to know. Thank you very much for the info.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

With some serious TLC and a new cowl(probably have to make it yourself), it could be a nice boat. Too bad the deck was chopped to clear the muffler[X(]
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

It's a MRP (Model Racing Products) Miss Bud from the mid-to-late 90's. Most were electric powered with twin motors to a gearbox and dual 6- or 7-cell Ni-Cad packs. In their nitro boats, they used ASP engines, around a .16 size.
MRP at that time was the only RC boat company that I know of that was licensed to use any Anheuser-Busch logos as they paid a royalty for its use. The royalties went to charities of their choice, usually something for kids.
OK, maybe too much info but background on it.
Good ID, Ron. I saw the post and just drew a blank. Back in the day, MRP sold a lot of the EP Buds. Unfortunately, they probably discouraged more potential model boaters than any model ever sold. The ESC failed almost immediately. Huge gains in EP model boats since this boat was released.

JD
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
paradoxx

Thank you Hydro and Jerry, that is why I saw some details that were not usual in a nitro model. There were somethings as the fuel tank that seemed that they were esthetically and functionally correct, despite the muffler.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 AM
paradoxx

well, on the weekend I worked on cleaning it. The carb was seized and the silencer was full of something like aluminum rust but didnt had any real corroded damage. I poured some gas into the tank and tried to start it, it did. Now, I just have to buy a new blade a 28mm, because the one it has (30mm) it hits the stern. It needs some minor adjustments and it can be on the water, slowly because of missing cowl and wing but its a start.