Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Engines for Circus Circus 1/8 scale??

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Engines for Circus Circus 1/8 scale??

Old 09-09-2003, 11:40 AM
nvert72
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines for Circus Circus 1/8 scale??

I am looking a the MAC engines but have no idea what would work the best in this boat. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
CJ
Denver Co
Old 09-18-2003, 07:44 PM
{Sygen}

Default RE: Engines for Circus Circus 1/8 scale??

Maybe my post will help. Just scroll down. A .67 is recommended. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/O%25...1105174/tm.htm
Old 09-19-2003, 02:53 PM
c130nut

Go with a CMB brand.... they are Italian, but they are SUPERB engines. Or a CMD.. they hold lots of world records. It think it is www.cmdracing.com
Old 09-27-2003, 04:38 AM
ady77

hi
cmb 90 or a rossi 90 i have a circus which will be fitted with a rossi 90 it does fit in the boat just [8D]
Old 09-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Turn&Burn

A boating buddy of mine is running a Picco .67 in his and it is quite fast, Around the mid 50's....I am not saying the .90 wont work but It might be a HUGE hand full with that size of engine especially the CMB....
Old 09-30-2003, 02:56 PM
ady77

why especially the cmb when the rossi is made in Italy as well and theres only a mear 0.7 bhp difference between the two and 2000 rpm the rossi i believe has more torque than the cmb lets see what response we get to that someone no doubt will say I'm talking rollicks and 50 mph aint that quick for a hydro its not bad
65 to 70 mph is what i call quick my old apache deep v was doing 50+ with a 35cc mathe casa engine in it and it wasn't no lite weight either cant see why it will be a handful as long as the lake is big enough fill ya boots and enjoy the speed is my motto c y a Ady
Old 09-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Turn&Burn

Well 0.7 bhp is a awefull lot of power considering you are only dealing with 4 or so hp...the Rossi might have somemore toque but at WOT it is HP that is going to pull you ahead not torque.....I was stating that over 50 mph in that hydro would be a handfull because first of all that hydo was made for a .67 not a .90...That is an older hull design that frankly will not run very good at breakneck speeds...My buddys Circus has stress cracks on the sponsons running at 50+ if it was running 70 it would probly come apart.....Their is a HUGE differnce in 50 and 60+ to the way the boat runs.....Also 50+MPH with a deep V and 50+MPH with a hydro is a totaly different driving experence, What I mean by this is that at 50 with a deepV it will bassically drive itself but over 50 with a hydro it does not drive itself, it's all up too you....Nothing against the Rossi, I have never owned one.....They are very good engines from what I here...
Old 09-30-2003, 05:50 PM
ady77

i was looking further up the page go with cmb brand i know cmb are a good engine as my mate runs one in a cat and that goes well and a deep v at 50 is a handful as you never know where there going to land or even stay the right way up i can just see the sponsons peeling off in a turn if you were flat out but in a strait line would be interesting to see what it can do with a rossi in it the hull came from my mate who gave up with it he had a webra 60 in it but said it never got out of the water properly as it needed a bigger engine so i blew the dust of the hull took it home and had a look to see if the engine will fit and it does bit tight but nothing a dremmel cant take care of